It has been a long time since I have posted- almost 2 months! We are in the thick of a lot of business- that's my excuse.
T is doing great. She is now 7 months old and weighs 16 pounds. The ped. says she is in the 25-50%ile for both height and weight. She eats tons of formula (I stopped producing right around 6 months) but very few solids. It isn't that she doesn't like the solid vegetables- she just doesn't seem to know what to do with them. She loves to make raspberrys and while she eats, the food flies out of her mouth. The 2 dogs love meal time with T and clean up after her nicely. She has been sick recently- RSV. My babysitter thought that she had an ear infection (yucky goop coming out of her ear) and recommended I take her temp when I got home. I did and she didn't have a fever. About an hour later I noticed her feeling warm and took the temp again- 102. I thought- yep, ear infection- will take her in tomorrow. FJ took her in and no ear infection, no pnemonia, no bronchitis, no flu but escalating fever. They did a finger prick and checked her white blood cell count and low and behold- RSV. I would never have thought since she was a happy girl- just had a fever and a little ear goop. Later that night- shit hit the fan. Had I not known about the RSV I would've thought that a demon possessed my child. It came all at once- vomitting, coughing, choking, red face, screaming, diarreah, it was awful to say the least. We took her back in a few days later and she was better. Still snotty and coughing but normal temp, no more vomiting, etc. We were told that most parents send their kids back to day care once they are fever free but she recommended keeping her home for the rest of the week. My mom came down and stayed with her and now she is all better. On another note- T is sitting up like a champ, trying to crawl (can go backwards, not forwards), and babbles constantly. She is a dream!
As for me... I am back at work and doing fine. I don't enjoy leaving T with a babysitter but I know she is well taken care of and entertained all day long. I have enjoyed being a working mom because I truly love spending time with T. We put our house on the market last week in hopes of moving closer to work. We have had a ton of interest that has surprised my realtor in this market. WE hope it sells soon but can't seem to find the "perfect" house for us and are worried we will have to settle. We have to remind ourselves that it isn't our forever house and can have flaws.
Anyhow, I have been keeping up with all of you by reading your blogs (lurking) but I hope to be a delurker soon. take care everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Poor T:-( Hope she's better soon!
Good luck with the house hunting!
So glad to hear you guys are doing well! Except for T and the RSV--poor thing!
Keep us updated on how you're doing and the house hunting, etc. ((HUGS))
i hope T gets to feeling better soon. Thanks for the update. Keep up loving life
Post a Comment