Happy New Year! We are fighting forever lasting ear infections around here. About a month ago I brought T in to the doctor and she was diagnosed with an ear infection. A few days later I brought R in and they said she just had a cold. A few days later I suspected that T's ear infection hadn't improved, I was right so we switched to a stronger antibiotic. A few days later, still no relief so I went ahead and paid 2 copays because it was Christmas Eve and I figured if they discovered something wrong with T than R would surely follow. Things went well for a few days and we were scheduled for T's 18 month and R's 2 month "well" visit. Both left with double ear infections in both ears! Ughh! Another change in the antibiotic. We then went for a recheck 4 days later for R since she is so young and there is a concern that if the ears don't heal that it could turn into something else and bam- still no relief so ANOTHER change in the antibiotics. The thing is, neither girl really 'seems' sick. R isn't napping well during the day and is congested but R literally has zero symptoms. We go Monday for ANOTHER check and we'll see where we go from there. The unfortunate result may be shots!
Anyhow, other than these ear infections, we are doing well! Christmas was fantastic and SO much fun with an 18 month old. It took all day long to get through presents (and there weren't that many) just because T wanted to play with it all which was so cool. WE had Christmas part 2 on the 26th with FJ's family and they spoiled the kids rotten much to my dismay. My SIL is suffering from infertility and it killed me for them to sit there and watch the overindulgence of my MIL and FIL when they had nothing after several years of trying. I talked to them about it some and they seem to be hopeful but i know first hand how hard the holidays can be.
I pray for everyone to have a happy, healthy, and safe 2010. Best wishes to you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment