I apologize for being MIA lately. I had a crazy busy week and last weekend was hectic. Hopefully things will slow down a bit and I can get back to blogging...
We decided at the end of last year to enroll our dogs in some intense dog training. They aren't bad persay but they aren't good and don't listen. We found a place that had trained a few of our friend's dogs with lots of success so we went for it. It's a 3 week boarding program where we pick the pups up on Fridays and bring them back Mondays. On Fridays we learn what the dogs learned and how to correct and instruct. We have to work with them all weekend to make sure they know that we are the Alphas and we are in charge. Anyway, so far so good. We have seen some terrific changes in our dogs already and they still have one more week!
On another note, I wore a maternity top to an event this week. I have been in maternity pants for a bit now but can still wear most sweaters and shirts just fine. I had to dress up Wed. for my National Board pinning ceremony and nothing looked right. I broke down and wore a blouse my dad got me for Christmas. Now, we all know that the empire waist look is in so I figured that this shirt could've been worn by anyone pregnant or not. I guess I was wrong because tons of people kept asking me when I was due. I am glad I am pregnant and could give a date! What do women do who are mistaken for expecting when they're not???
I got an email from my SIL (the one struggling with IF) and her baby cousin has cancer. 7 months old and has cancer! How awful! I know that God has reasons for everything but it makes me sad to hear about wee ones suffering. Ughh.
As for me- I am fine. I have noticed an increase in my cravings and appetite this week. I even had a turkey sandwich with pickles for breakfast this a.m.! I am still tired and milking the pregnancy that allows me to go to sleep at 9:30 and sleep until 6:30. I am going to be in for a shock in June! I may have felt the baby move yesterday but doubtful. I have been looking for signs of gas or quickening and yesterday was the first time I felt something. It was high in my rib cage though so that's why I think doubtful. I am still trying to make it until 2/4 for my next doc's appt! That's all for now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Congratulations on your National Board Cert and your pinning ceremony. I know that must be so exciting. Also, I'm glad to hear that things are going beautifully. Enjoy every minute of the pregnancy--you've earned it! :)
I'm so sorry to hear about your SIL's cousin. I will be praying that this is something that she can overcome.
Good luck on waiting until 2/4 for your next appointment. I have to waiting until 1/30 and it's killing me already. UGH.
HUGS!
COngrats on the Pinning Ceremony!!
How sad about your SIL's baby cousin - goodness
Waiting ... I hate that word. Good luck on your next appointment.
I am glad that you sent that email to your SIL- That is great, I hope she gets some helpful info from it.
Good luck with the dog training. Grats on 16 weeks! Mine is tuesday
Ha! I eat sandwiches for breakfast sometimes, but what is my excuse? As for being asked if I was pregnant....that has happened to me once. Isn't the rule NOT TO ASK just in case? I was wearing this tunic type top (I was at a fundraising event for a non-profit in India, so I wore this Indian top), and this woman walked up to me and said, "Are you pregnant or what?"...yeah, just like that. I said, "NO, but thanks for checking!" Yeah, I was mortified and the top went straight to the GoodWill.
Glad things are going so well- both professionally and baby-ly! I'll be praying for the 7 mo old.
Congrats on all of your achievements!!! I hope the time passes quickly until your next appointment.
My thoughts are with your SIL's cousin.
Post a Comment