Friday, January 4, 2008

Scared and guilty- updated

I feel so guilty that I feel this way today but I do... Scared. I feel like I shouldn't have to feel this way anymore but I am and probably will for the next umpteen years of my life. I have a colleague (she's actually sort of my boss but we are friends so I consider her an equal) who told me she was pregnant also a few days before Christmas. She said she wasn't sure how far along she was at that point but she knew her due date was July 1. July 1??? That's 2 days after me! I was excited that we could enjoy our pregnancies together. Yesterday I got a group email from her saying that she had a "medical emergency" that has caused her to be out of work recovering for the next few days. I immediately emailed her back to find out if everything was okay. Sadly, it's not. She went in for a routine appt. and boom- the world stopped because the baby had died. I just can't believe it. This doesn't happen to other people. It just doesn't seem fair. Selfishly, I am now scared to death that I will follow in her footsteps. I have a dr's appt today and I barely slept last night. Hopefully I will be able to post some relief later today. Say a little prayer for me if you are a praying person- if not- positive thoughts and vibes sent my way would be wonderful! Thank you.

I just got back from an emotional dr's appt. Before I go any further- all is well. The heartbeat was strong and constistant at 158. The Dr. says it must be a boy this time because it took a minute to find the h/b and the doc says boys don't typically cooperate. Of course he said it was a girl last time so ce' la vis! We aren't finding out the gender by the way- just going to wait it out in neutrality. I have strong boy vibes but I think that is because I have 2 nephews and can't imagine a girl. I will be thrilled regardless! Anyway, the emotional part... I stopped by my RE's office to give back a follistim pack that was never used and ran into the RE and his nurse. They were both so positive and excited for me and it just made me so emotional. I felt so much empathy for the women sitting in that waiting room. I will always empathize with the IF world and that really hit me today. I cried the whole way home and I can't really pinpoint why- just that the whole cycle has come almost full circle and things are still looking promising. I don't have another appt for 4 weeks... 4 weeks! That will be the longest I have gone to date! On Feb. 1 I will have my "big" u/s with a high risk specialist and then a follow up that day with my OB. I hope I make it until then! Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers!

8 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

SHIT - that is what i am feeling .. scared of THAT ... I am so sorry for your friend and for you!! saying prayers

Amanda said...

It's normal to feel scared like that. It's normal to be scared about that.

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Searching said...

I'm so sorry for your friend and I am sure that brings up some scary thoughts for you too. You are both in my prayers.

RBandRC said...

I'm so sorry for your friend. That is just terrible. I think it's normal to be scared and from what I've heard that fear never really goes away--I know it hasn't for me.

Glad that your appointment went well and that things are going wonderfully. Good luck on your wait. Hopefully I'll be joining you on that wait after my next screening this week.

HUGS!

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry you are so scared. It really sucks that people in this situation have a hard time enjoying the pregnancy. One day at a time, one day at a time. Thinking positive thoughts for you.

I am really sorry about your friend, too.

Julie said...

Prayers are coming your way! :) It's so normal to be afraid of that. I am not as far along as you and I am feeling the same way. Try not to worry yourself sick though. Keep a positive outlook if you can! :)

Courtney said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend, and the worry that her situation is causing you (although completely understandable).

It sounds like things are moving along very well for you and hopefully you continue to get great news! Those 4 week spans are insane, aren't they???!??

C said...

I'm so glad to hear your appt went well. And while I've not been in your position, I can get why you'd be feeling scared. I def have you in my prayers for the strength you need.
Your friend is also in my prayers.
And, thank you for being who you are. For still having such empathy for those of us still waiting in line for our turn. You give hope to us, and for that I am grateful.