Sunday, January 20, 2008

17 weeks

Here I am at 17 weeks! It's funny, some weeks the number seems huge and some weeks the number seems so so. This week 17 weeks seems huge and 18 even more so! It's hard to believe that if we wanted to know the sex of the baby (which we don't) we could find out at our next appt. I still don't feel "pregnant". I am tired but in my 2nd trimester I have found my appetite again, boobs hurt less, and I am not nauseaus ever. My belly seems to be growing but I have always had a small pooch so it is just more than small now and doesn't seem that unusual for a gal whose weight fluctuates regularly. I am counting the day s(12 more) until my next OB appt. I am seeing a high risk specialist for the big u/s (I will be 19 weeks!) and then my OB. I have told my students that I am pregnant and the girls are excited (yet really disappointed that I won't be finding out the gender). The boys look at me like- you've had sex and we know it. I want to say- no sex was involved in conceiving this little one! But I am not even dreaming about going there! Thank you for all of your prayers fo rmy SIL's 7 month old cousin. It looks like she is going to be okay. She had a mass removed from her liver and an adrenal gland completely removed. Prayers seem to be working so keep praying. I have to run and take the pups for a walk. More later!

5 comments:

RBandRC said...

Congrats on 17 weeks! That sounds like a huge number to me. How very exciting. Glad that you're feeling better. I still have my moments of queasiness, but for the most part my daily toilet bowl hugging is done. :)

Can't wait to hear the update from you next appointment. Are you going on the 30th too? This waiting thing is killing me. UGH!

HUGS! :)

Polka Dot said...

Yay! It sounds like everything's going well!

Searching said...

Thanks for the update on the baby!

Congrats on 17 weeks! VERY exciting!!!

Courtney said...

Congrats on 17 weeks!

Anonymous said...

You are almost at the 1/2 way point! YAHOO!