Thursday, September 18, 2008

3 months old

T will be 3 months old tomorrow. 3 months old! That is so hard to believe. I have a 3 month old. Wow. At this time last year I drank away the sorrows of AF visiting once again. I remember it so well. Its funny because for years around AF time I would go to the restroom with trepidation, wipe, say a little prayer, and peek. (TMI?) Last year in September we took an IF break. I was still on Clomid but due to timing issues I didn't go to the RE a million times that month, didn't shoot up (ha), and didn't have an invasive procedures done. I secretly had hoped, however, that I would be pregnant anyway. One of those people who "takes a break" and wapo- gets pregnant. But no, not me. I remember the date that AF visited for the last time because we had a party for one of my friends who had just arrived after a year in Tanzania. I smoked cigarettes (I know- barf) and drank myself to oblivion. Ahhh- depression. Little did I know that my time would come the following month!

T is doing great. She is continuing to thrive, has gotten on an eating every 4 hours (with the occasional 3) routine and sleeps about 10 hours every night. I know how lucky I am. We are still swaddling her at night and once or twice during the day as needed. I worry that she will never outgrow the swaddle. Its like her miracle cure- she fusses, I swaddle her (very tightly), lay her down, and she's asleep. If I let her sleep on my lap, on the boppy, or next to me without the swaddle, she will wake up with ever little sound. With the swaddle, she sleeps so well.

She doesn't seem to "track" toys with her eyes. Everyone says that every baby is different but I worry. She makes great eye contact with me but not really with anyone else. It seems, however, that every day she focuses more and more. If I am still concerned at 4 months, I will talk to T's pediatrician about it.

I still am freaking out about pumping. It doesn't seem to be improving by the milestones that I want. I am considering waking up in the middle of the night (or at least very early in the a.m.) to get an extra pumping session. T seems to want to eat more ounces from the bottle. That depletes my supply even more. When I go back to work in 9 weeks I may have nothing for her. Ughhh- well, I better go pump!

3 comments:

RBandRC said...

Wow! Three months already?! Time really does fly. I'm curious, what does a typical day for T look like time wise? I'm trying to get Lemy on a more definite schedule with going to be earlier at night so she will sleep longer and I can use any advice you can give!

As for the pumping, you may want to pump in the middle of the night as that is when your prolactin levels are peaking. I've read that if you pump between 10pm and 6am it can help to increase your supply. I always pump at 2am and its one of my largest sessions and I usually get about 5oz per boob. Hang in there--it gets easier! :)

((HUGS))

AwkwardMoments said...

i second the 2am pump session. Sounds like you are doing very well

AwkwardMoments said...

what kind of stroller do you have?