Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Improvement

I am sure that everyone is completely sick of my woes of breastfeeding posts. I am hoping that things are getting better on that front. I started waking up at 3:00 a.m. (I tried 2 a.m. but 3 seems to produce more) and that isn't as bad as I had thought. I try to have everything set up for pumping before going to bed so that from start to finish- set up to clean up- takes 15 minutes. It has been somewhat difficult getting back to sleep but it hasn't really bothered me during the day- yet. I also purchased Fenugreek and started taking it yesterday. I am already smelling like maple syrup but if it yields more milk and therefore alleviates the stress I feel about milk production- a little maple syrup will be WELL worth it! The research that I have done says that I should see a noticeable difference in production within 24 hours. I started yesterday at about 4 so it may be too early to tell. However- yesterday at about 7:00 I pumped while FJ gave T a bottle and I yielded about 4 ounces. 4 ounces is pretty good for me lately (and yes, that is 4 ounces total) so I was happy. Then, my 3 a.m. pump session yielded 5.5 ounces- the highest I have EVER pumped. So things seem to be getting better and I hope to see more as the days go on. So I am feeding T 5 feedings a day (one of those from a bottle) and pumping about 4. With those pump sessions I yield about 10-12 ounces total.

T update... T has started grabbing at items intentionally and even laughed out loud on Sunday. She is so freakin adorable! I am leaving you with a recent picture so you can see for yourself...

4 comments:

RBandRC said...

She is BEAUTIFUL! YAY for pumping improvement. Oddly, you get used to the maple-syrup smell rather quickly. It's definitely worth it though for the piece of mind have a stockpile gives you. I'm onto my 5th gallon freezer bag full of milk and I'm shocked how much I've been able to save--not to mention that I feed Lemy fresh milk with every pumping session.

Searching said...

I'm glad you are yielding a bit more. As if motherhood isn't stressful enough... She is an absolute cutie! :)

Courtney said...

That is one adorable picture of your little girl! Oh - and that breastfeeding stuff??? It can be really hard at times but it sounds like you are doing great!

tryingin2007 said...

cute as a button! :)

and I could write an entire blog on the horrors of breastfeeding/trying to breastfeed. I still can only pump 1/2 - 1 oz a session. it's horrible and depressing.