Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Concerned

I went to the pediatrician today and T is back down to the 25th %ile (from the 75th) so yes, I am concerned. The pediatrician said that I should feed her formula after I nurse her to see if she is still hungry. She also said that babbling is a hunger cue. I tried to feed her formula after I nursed her a minute ago and she spit up. I always thought that meant she was full. Do you have any advice??? Thanks.

5 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

babbling is a hunger cue?? thats news to me.. Has T ever had formula? She may just not like the taste yet... Is it like spit up or roll out of the mouth spit up?

MT is spitting up some these days but it is usually when he is trying so hard to "talk" to us and he forces some up ... You can always try a different formula that could be less hard on her stomach .. or give her a bottle of the pumped formula

AwkwardMoments said...

all just suggestions

RBandRC said...

I've never heard that babbling is a hunger cue. If that's the case then Lemy is starving all the time! Seriously, I would try Good Start formula or have you tried giving her pumped breast milk to see how much she's eating? That might be good too.

Thinking of you and T. ((HUGS))

Courtney said...

I really have no idea on this one, but wanted to say that I hope this is merely temporary and your little one gets back on track very soon.

Searching said...

Hope you are having better success now! Drop me a line if you aren't and I may have a few suggestions for ya.