After having a minor (okay major) freak out regarding T's lack of weight gain- I think we have things temporarily under control. First of all- I apologize for the misinformation that I thought my pediatrician had shared with me about babbling. Apparently not all babbling is a hunger cue. Apparently my child was making the "nya" sounds when my ped. said, "that's a hunger cue". I had heard about baby language but until I came across it in Kristen's "sticky but sweet" blog- (sorry, I still don't know how to link!), I hadn't heard it from myself. I wish I would've watched this video from youtube 5 months ago!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPXsoZ_F0SA Anyway, previous to last week's pediatrician appointment, I had been feeding T based on the clock. Honestly- she didn't tell me she was hungry (not in a way I understood) and was pretty easy to soothe when she was fussy that we easily got on a 3 and later 4 hour schedule. Oops. Now I feel like a fool because after watching the Dunstand video- I totally hear the "nya" sounds between 2-3 hours and have been feeding T way more often. We are also supplementing with a bottle after a meal to see if she is still hungry (about 30% of the time- she still is). The problem is- we are depleting my breast milk supply rapidly. So we have decided that when T goes to the sitter (next Monday- weep!), we will send her with formula and not breastmilk. I am hoping that my body responds and I don't have to pump at school. I have always been a sucky pumper and I am afraid that my 26 minute lunch will be filled with counter protective anxiety while pumping. So that's that. Hopefully I will still be able to nurse her in the a.m. and evening but we'll see. The good news is that T will be 5 months on the 19th and my goal is 6 months. I think I will make it until then even if I start to dry up. That doesn't happen over night does it?
So I am considering myself tagged for this...
1. Where is your cell phone? purse
2. Where is your significant other? bedroom
3. Your hair color? brown
4. Your mother? retired
5. Your father? living in paradise
6. Your favorite thing? T
7. Your dream last night? that I was in bed with my husband's brother (just sleeping but still disturbing!)
8. Your dream/goal? stay at home mom
9. The room you're in? living room
10. Your hobby? internet surfing
11. Your fear? SIDS
12. Where do you want to be in six years? house full of kids
13. Where were you last night? Panera with bff
14. What you're not? confrontational
15. One of your wish list items? slouch purse
16. Where you grew up? army brat- everywhere
17. The last thing you did? folded T's laundry
18. What are you wearing? too big jeans and a green old navy shirt
19. Your T.V.? family guy
20. Your pet? guinness and clementine
21. Your computer? mac
22. Your mood? sleepy
23. Missing someone? old friends rekindled thanks to facebook
24. Your car? a mess
25. Something you're not wearing? make up
26. Favorite store? Ny and Co
27. Your Summer? relaxing
28. Love someone? yes
29. Your favorite color? green
30. When is the last time you laughed? when T laughed
31. Last time you cried? can't even remember- that's a good sign!
This weekend is T's christening. We have family and friends coming to the church and then we are having a party here afterwards. I am excited to have everyone over. I have been cleaning the house all week in preparation. I will post about it next week. Have a good weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Lub - You hang in there ... You are doing your absolute best. I bf MT in the morning and in the evening ..in the inbetween, I am giving him 1/2 bm and half formula ..because i am still pumping but only 3 times a day because I am still not at work yet ..but once I start work again pumping will stop and I will bf only in the AM and PM ..... you will do whatever mskes your family gel and it will be the best for you and T
The thing about motherhood is you figure these things out as a you go--or at least I do. You are doing a fabulous job. I'll be thinking of you as you transition back to work. ((HUGS))
Post a Comment