Thursday, August 6, 2009

August update

I can't believe it is already August! I has been a fabulous summer. Being at home with T has been a dream. She has gone from 2-2 hour naps a day to 1-3 hour nap. It is heavenly. At the start of the summer I didn't know how we were going to ever get anything done with her 2 long naps! It felt like once she woke up and ate, it was pointless to venture out! We were planning playdates and errands from 11-1 during the day and it was pretty miserable. We went to the beach with FJ's family and our 2 year old nephew takes just one long one so we gave it a shot. Some days she made it, some days she didn't. Once we got home a friend invited us to weekly storytime at the local library that would have fallen during nap #1. We gave it a shot and low and behold- as long as she is entertained- she could push through and not nap until noon. So that's how we arrived here with 1-3 hour nap. Enough time for me to put my feet up, straighten the house, catch up on summer curriculum work, and feel like a real person.

Baby #2 is doing well. He/she is still moving up a storm! Unfortunately I have come down with a pretty nasty case of poison ivy on my stomach and have had to take Benadryl (yes, ob approved). This basically knocks me out and I have noticed that the baby moves less when I have to take it. Its probably knocking him/her out too which kills me. I am scared to scratch to the point of a skin infection though and the dr said that it positively will not hurt my baby so I take it only as needed.

Last weekend FJ and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary. We went to Smith Mountain Lake, VA and enjoyed 2 nights at a B and B. FJ's parents kept T for us and she did great. It is amazing how a weekend away can rejuvenate the romance in your life! This weekend I am off to the Outer Banks, NC for a girls' weekend. I am excited to get away and for FJ to spend some quality time with T. He is the best father and I love that I can leave her with him with no instructions. I am sure he'll be exhausted at the end of the weekend!

I have my 28 week gestational diabetes test in 2 weeks. I can't believe how fast this pregnancy is going!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

It sounds like things are going wonderfully with T and the new little one. I hope your glucose test went well!

tryingin2007 said...

WOW! where has the time gone? the clock seems to move so much faster when you have a little one.

happy anniversary!
:)