Sunday, September 6, 2009

Whining at 31 weeks

***Going back and reading this post leads me to this disclaimer... I am whining 100% of the time in this post!!! Sorry 'bout that!

I feel completely helpless in my household. FJ doesn't make me feel this way AT ALL but I do. The poor guy is now exclusively in charge of walking the dogs, mowing the lawn, picking up doggy poop, walking up and down the stairs with T (if he is home), vacuuming the stairs, carrying the vacuum up and down the stairs, pulling weeds, etc, etc, etc. I hate that I can't help but truth is- this pregnancy is rocking my world. In the past 2 weeks I have become the whiner. My pelvis hurts, I am peeing every hour, my back hurts, I can't even get comfortable on the couch! Most nights after dinner I just go to bed because I feel like such a sissy! My OB told me to try eating smaller meals in the evenings to see if that helped my nighttime discomfort and truthfully it does help. I, however, LOVE to eat and am having a hard time limiting myself! Anyway....

This pregnancy is near its end! Its hard to believe that I am about 31 weeks along. My belly measured me at 33 weeks last week though and although I know that one measurement means nothing, I am looking forward to my u/s next week to tell me if the baby is measuring in accordance to my OB's projected due date or that he/she will be closer to my own. (My OB says 11/14, I say 11/3- we'll see!).

School begins Tuesday and I am ready. I have enjoyed my 12 weeks off with T but am ready to go back to work. After all, I have 9ish weeks before maternity leave begins again. I am a little stressed about leave. I used up a great deal of my leave when T was born (I stayed home for 5 months) and now will have to take some time unpaid. I will likely have to go back to work with this baby when he/she is 10 weeks old! Ughh. I so wish I could have predicted that I would have been one of "those" women who struggle to get pregnant with #1 and than have no problem with #2. I likely would have saved some of my leave for this go round.

Planning ahead that I will exhaust all of my leave this time also stresses me out for T. What if she gets sick (which is likely)? And I need to take some time off for OB appointments which are nearing the weekly type and also include NSTs! Ughhh! FJ is really good about taking time off with T when he can (and most often he can) but he has a huge opportunity that may lead to a huge promotion coming within the next month and I know he is stressing over the prospect of having to be the stay at home when T needs him to be. (I am sure I am more stressed about this than him. )

Here's hoping for a happy, healthy, and quick 9 weeks! We'll all breathe a little easier once we get to November.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Hopefully those 9 weeks fly by and you will be holding your new little one in your arms in no time. :)