On October 28, 2009 My second little baby girl entered the world! I was induced 2.5 weeks early for high blood pressure. The whole experience was fantastic. I got to the hospital at 7 a.m. and the ptosin started. I made it to 5 cm without the epidural (huge for my chicken self!) and then once the epidural was administered I went to 10 cm in 20 minutes. I pushed for an hour and a half and alas she arrived. Once again it was a beautiful experience. We stayed in the hospital for the traditional 2 night stay and were sent home with a clean bill of health.
Monday a.m. we were to go to our typical first pediatrician appt. All looked good until the ped. was checking out R's mouth and she let out a bellow. "Oh my, what's that?" she asked. FJ was standing with R so he got a good look also. "Looks like ulcers" he said. I thought nothing of it at first. After some careful discussion we learned that it could be herpes 1, signs of meningitis, or even symptoms of mersa. We were ordered to the ER immediately and ended up being admitted to the pediatric isolation ward where we spent 5 days. R never had a fever, showed no symptoms (other than the ulcers) and was an excellent patient. After many, many samples were taken (including a very painful- for mom and dad- spinal tap) and an i.v. was stuck in her little arm- it was determined that she didn't have an infectious disease and likely had another virus that caused the ulcers. We were sent home Friday.
Throughout the whole experience FJ and I both stayed at the hospital where my parents came and stayed with T. Now that we are all home together, T is getting adjusted to being a big sister. So far so good!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Congratulations! Glad to know it all went well.
Congratulations! I am so sorry to hear that the first few days were so rough--I can only imagine how scary that must have been. I'm glad that you are all together again! ((HUGS))
Major congratulations on the little one's arrival! So happy to hear that you are all healthy and at home together. :)
Congratulations! I'm sorry about the scare and the hospital stay. It's good to know that everything turned out OK, though. :-)
WOW - way to make an entrance ;) Glad things are good now! congratulations
Post a Comment