Thursday, December 3, 2009

R= 5 weeks old, T= 17 months

"R" aka "T"'s little sister is doing great. It is hard to believe that she is 5 weeks old! We went Monday a.m. for her month well visit and she is well! She weighs 10 pounds already (keep in mind she only weighed 6 14 at birth!)! I couldn't be more proud. I heard someone comment once that people shouldn't comment on babies' sizes because when is it going to stop? When he/she is 13 you shouldn't say, "wow, that little girl has some chunky thighs!" and this has stuck with me. For some reason I was uber-sensitive about this with T and hated it when people commented on her "rolls"! For some reason with R it is the opposite. Bring on the big girl comments! It must be because there was a chance that we were going to lose her and while in the pediatric unit a sign of her health was that she was gaining weight so steadily. So yes, I am proud and will no longer wince at the chunky comments!

R is a good baby for the most part. She has her moments of course (especially between the hours of 6-8 at night) but overall she is pretty mellow and has learned the b.abyw.ise- eat, play, sleep routine quickly. In fact, for the past 5 nights, she has slept 5-6 hours at a time!!! I am so proud of her because a week ago I didn't think it was working. FJ keeps reminding me that T went through the not sleeping thing and the witching hour as well. I wish I would have documented it better because I don't remember it! I feel like T came out sleeping through the night with her jovial, mellow personality. That can't be the case though!

Being a mom of 2 is going well also. I feel guilty because sometimes I think it is too easy (don't shoot me!). T still goes to the sitter 4 times a week and that helps A LOT. She loves it there and loves her friends (she has started talking about them and calling them by name!) so its just me and R most days. I am going to convince FJ to let me keep T home another day starting next week. He thinks its important to keep her on a "normal" schedule since her little sister has come into the picture and I agree but I want to be able to enjoy some time with her as well.

One question- for those of you who have had babies who spit up or are gassy- what has worked for you? Mylocin drops seems to work but am wondering what other options are out there. Thanks in advance!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very glad to hear that things are going well and that you've had such a smooth transition! I'm definitely afraid of making the shift just because I'm not sure how Lemy will react. Your post definitely gives me hope that it will be ok!

As for gassiness, if you're nursing I would use the football hold a lot (worked best for Lemy) and we also use gripe water. Lemy had a lot of tummy and colic issues and I found if I used it before each feeding it worked well especially at night. :)

Congratulations again! ((hugs))

George said...

I so glad you're doing great...we will have #2 soon and I worry about the transition to two kids. I'm so happy to hear it isn't too difficult!

As for the gas and spitting up...we just made sure to burp Julian VERY WELL after each feeding, plus we put those gas drops in all his bottles, and we also switched formulas a few times until we found something that irritated him the least. Gripe water helped a bit, but not much for us. Also, rubbing Julian's tummy CLOCKWISE helped him, and lying him on the changing table pad and doing bicycle peddling with his feet/legs helped with the gas too.

Courtney said...

Glad to hear that things are going so great with the 2 girls!