Friday, February 1, 2008

19 weeks

Well here we are... 19 weeks! FJ and I went this a.m. for our big u/s. We had decided not to find out the sex of the baby and we have gotten a lot of flack from that! We are happy with our decision though. For whatever reason I just don't feel ready to know what this baby is. Maybe I am in denial? I realize this is all very real and I really do have a healthy baby inside of me, but I just can't help feeling like I am happy just being oblivious to the reality of it all. On the way home from the ob we talked about all of the decisions that we need to make and wish we had a timeline to tell us when we were supposed to start making them. Maybe some of you can help me out???
1. When do we need to start seriously talking names? We have talked about names nonchalantly but haven't sat down and found names that we both really love.
2. When do we need to schedule or sign up or whatever the birthing? The receptionist mentioned today what our insurance will and won't cover and that the nurse would give us information to call the hospital with. Well the nurse didn't give us anything today and now we are wondering if we are missing something.
3. When should we sign up for birthing classes?
4. When should the nursey be done?
5. When is it safe to choose a date for a shower?
I am feeling pretty good- still sleeping very well and a lot. I get headaches most days and my ob think that is from the swelling behind the eyes that occurs when pregnant. Interesting! My SIL and BIL are coming tonight for the entire weekend so I hope I am not too pooped after entertaining. I hope all is well with all of you!

6 comments:

Natalie said...

I have no idea on your questions, but am glad to hear you're so far along and things are good.

On the sex of the baby,that one's tough. I don't wanna know when I finally get there, but I do too. Ack! Hard decision!

AwkwardMoments said...

I hear ya on the not wanting to know and catchingn flake - just remember this is YOUR pregnancy - and people should support YOU!

I can't answer all the questions but the birthing class question- i was told to have mine done about 7.5 months

about the nursery- do it when you want to

the shower - i have always thrown them for others about 6-8 months. If you dont want to find out maybe have a shower after the baby has arrived - what ever you feel comfortable with

hugs to you!

C said...

I'm not sure about your questions, but it never hurts to start coming up with names. I'd say as long as you have a decision by the time the day arrives, then you're good to go:)

As far as the shower, I've done a few, and they're usually around 7-8 mths, but it's your decision.

I'm glad to hear you're still doing well at 19wks. Yay!:)

Anonymous said...

Not that I know what I am talking about, but I believe that the benchmark to have everything done (birthing classes, etc) is 30 weeks...

RBandRC said...

I can't answer your questions, though I'm curious to see the responses. You are brave for not finding out. G and I have no question that we want to know. We must know. Though, we are pretty sure we know already.

I'm with you on the headaches. They are becoming an every day thing with me, but I'm not sleeping, so that could have something to do with it. ARGH!

Anyhow, glad to hear that things are going well! :)

HUGS!

Courtney said...

Hooray for 19 weeks!!!