Merry Christmas (belated) to all of you! FJ and I just got home from a wonderful week away. We spent 3 days in NYC and did it all. FJ was surprised and thrilled about his tour of Yankee stadium and I was equally thrilled to meet Al Roker at the Today show. All in all it was a fantastic trip. We also spent 3 days with FJ's family including his 2 brothers, their wives, one baby, his sister, and her husband. It was a full house but fantastic! I of course felt empathy for my SIL who is sufffering from IF. We talked about her situation some and I can't help but be frustrated with her and for her. She has been going to an IF clinic in Vermont for over a year now and the drs refuse to put her on any medication because of her weight. They want her to lose 15 pounds in order to start Met.form.in and clomid but with her PCOS, she finds it utterly impossible. The thing is, we all know of women larger than her (she is overweight but not to the extreme) that have gone through IF treatments far more invasive than a little medication. I have told her over and over that she needs to go see a new dr who will listen to her and at least try her on something. Even if they put her on a diet first. Right now they are just telling her- go lose weight and come back once you have. Anyhow... If anyone has any advice for me to share with her, it would be appreciated.
As for me and the little bambino- The dr called with the n/t results. I was driving so I couldn't write them down but will when I have my OB appt next week... I know that with my age (33 at time of delivery) I am at a mediocre risk of having a baby with downs and my results showed a slight increase but still within the normal range. I have so many friends and family members who have had false positives with this that the slight increase doesn't bother me in the least. It is still within normal and that is all that matters. For the other more rare disorders- that baby's risk went down which is a good thing. Overall I am relieved.
I go Friday, January 4 for an appt with my OB where they will test my progesterone level since last week I stopped doing the suppositories (thank the good Lord above!). I hope that my results turn out a-okay and I continue on with this blissfully uneventful but superbly wonderful pregnancy.
Here's to a terrific new year!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
*as you can obviously see I am one of those larger women you are referring to. I was told to lose weight anf I laughed at the dr explaining to him PCOS patience cant just decide, HEyu today i think I'll lose weight (ASSHAT). I did however assure him that I would take precautions and I did metformin for 3 months w/o clomid and i worked very hard to control my food consumption. I did manage to lose weight with metformin and the weight has been coming off still. I have lost 17 lbs in the first 13 weeks of pregnancy (and let me tell you EATTING want ever my lil stomach craved -minus sweets) Tell her to get a dr that will help her- not cripple her.
AS for almost 14 weeks!! YAH FOR US ya know- we have come a long way!!! Good luck with your appointment on the 4th - I am thinging of you!
Welcome back! I've missed you too! 14 weeks is so exciting. Congrats! And YAY for your blood results. I think my sister had something elevated but within normal limits and my niece is perfect. I wouldn't worry about it.
As for your SIL, that is really awful. I would think that the logical thing for them to do would be to put her on Metformin NOW which should help get things regulated and help her lose some weight and then add the Clomid after the Met has had time to work. I'm with you though, she needs to find a new doctor because if she is not morbidly obese I can't see any reason that they would delay even trying Met and Clomid. That is just insane.
Please send her my best as I know how hard it can be dealing with the ass-hats that are stubborn REs.
Good luck on the 4th! :)
HUGS! And Happy New Year!
So glad to hear how well things are going!!
Maybe suggest your SIL just consider a second opinion. No commitment to anything more. New year, new set of eyes to help her with her options. She's spent so much time with the other one for nothing. Time for action! Best of luck to her and her husband.
Happy New Year!!!
Post a Comment