Sunday, February 10, 2008

20 weeks!

Halfway there! Lately my belly is bulging out and I am panicking that I have gained too much weight already. Up until week 19 I hadn't gained anything (according to my chart at the dr but I had gained some weight very early on that "doesn't count" since my OB didn't start measuring until 8 weeks). At 19 weeks I went in and had gained 6 pounds in 4 weeks! Ughh! I feel like I am eating fairly normally and not restricting myself but I don't want to end up with another 6 pounder this month! I know that everyone says that it shouldn't matter- I am pregnant, not fat... but I started out weighing about 10 pounds than I have ever weighed and I don't want to cause problems with the birth from me being a little piggy! I have heard so many stories about women who gained 40-50 pounds in there pregnancy and how it will all come off, but I still want to be cautious. There is such a fine line between caution and dieting and I don't seem to know the difference. My whole life I have had to diet to stay slim so this is hard for me.

Anyway, funny story... I told my 8th graders about 4 weeks ago that I am pregnant and figured they would spread the word to the 7th graders for me. Apparently this was not the case... On Wed. I lost my cool with a few students who are chronic note passers and sent them to the office (so unlike me). When they were sent on to their next class, one girl asked the teacher if she thought I was mean. When the other teacher said no, the child said, "well I think she must be drinking a lot and she has turned mean." In an effort to correct the child the teacher said that I am pregnant so surely I wouldn't be drinking. When I called home to assign a consequence for the child for telling rumors about me the child had told the mom that she didn't say I was drinking a lot, she said that I had gotten fat and mean. Ha! It hurt my feelings a little since I don't feel like I would describe myself as fat- even at this point- but I think the child was trying to save face since she realized it was a bad idea to say I had been drinking. So now all the 7th graders no my news and I can see them all checking me out from the side. To be honest- it is difficult to hide my belly at this point!

I have felt my baby moving a lot lately. FJ actually can feel it too when I guide him to the kicks. It is great fun! I can't wait for it to be more consistant. That's all for now! I hope all is well with you ladies!!!

6 comments:

RBandRC said...

YAY! Congratulations on 20 weeks! Damn, time really does fly, doesn't it?

I find it interesting that all my kids will look at my belly, but they won't say anything to me. The one student I did tell (she's my TA this year) said a few of the 7th grade boys (odd, I would think the girls would ask first) had asked her but she refused to say.

I'm hoping that when (if) I get to tell them they will understand why I've been such a lunatic as of late. :)

AwkwardMoments said...

wwooohooo congrats on 20 weeks!!! i will be there tuesday! I am so sorry that your students are giving you a hard time - I hope tha gets better

as for weight gain- i think you are doing wonderful - i read today that up til 20 weeks 15 lbs is average - you are below that! As long as you aew eatting when yyou are hungry - you are doing well!

so glad you and hubby are feeling kicks - it's so reassuring isn't it!?

Amanda said...

HAPPY 20 WEEKS!!!!!!

I vaguely remember 7th grade. If the kids are 1/2 as mean to the teachers as they are the students...ouch! Good Luck!

Searching said...

Congrats on being halfway there!!

Courtney said...

Yay for hitting that 20 week mark, and hopefully your students will have only nice things to say from now on! :)

Anonymous said...

You are half way there! OMG what nightmare middle schoolers can be! I cannot imagine a 13 year old spreading rumors that you are a mean drunk!