Happy Belated Valentine's Day everyone! What did everyone do? FJ and I did absolutely nothing. It was lovely nonetheless. He had class until about 8, came home with roses and grape juice (grape is my latest flavor crave!) and made chicken reubens. I attempted to stay up to watch L.ost but feel asleep at quarter 'til 9! Anyhow, low key is just fine with me. Tomorrow FJ and I head up to northern VA to visit with his family. We are only going for the day because our dogs have turned aggressive with other dogs recently so we are going to leave them here.
Onto preggo news... Last week and early this week my belly muscles have been killing me. To the point where I have been teaching from my desk (not at all my style) and still been sore at the end of the day. FJ recommended I call my OB just to make sure that it was normal (I think he was secretly annoyed that I haven't been able to walk the dogs). So I called Wed. towards the end of business hours and left the nurse a message about my pain. She called back and left me a message (my cell phone has the worst reception) and said to call 911 if I started bleeding or the pain got any worse. (Holy freak out!!!). I called her in the a.m. and she said to come in right away. Long story short- too late, I know... they checked the heartbeat (high 150's, low 160's) and felt around. The OB said that it is most definitely round ligament pains. I guess that I am glad that they ordered me in to reassure me, but it scared me to death to be told to call 911!
So the belly still hurts, but now I know it is normal and I am taking it easy. My belly has gotten bigger this week- that is for sure. I was sitting in a student desk the other day and noticed that my belly is getting closer to the desk part. I never thought that would happen and I am only half way there!!! I do feel like I am putting in too much weight. I know that 15 pounds or so by this time is completely normal but I feel like I am gaining it all at once. I have always been a dietter and have had to completely restrict myself from certain foods. Now that I am pregnant, I don't know how to eat anything in moderation. Since I am not restricting myself, I feel like I am eating too much! I just don't know how to eat normal. Have any of you got any ideas on menus or cookbooks that I could use?
I think I am going to get a haircut today. My hair is long and boring and I am sick of it. I haven't had it cut since July-ish because usually when I have it cut, I have it colored and I am staying away from hair dye during pregnancy. I hope it makes me feel better because right now I feel like a big boring blob!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
grats to 21 weeks - my belly feels like it has enlarged so much this past week as well - i made that phone call but got the "round ligament" speech - So i know what ya mean - it just feels like it stretched all at once .. and it hurt and was really sore!
Glad all things are going well. i would suggest looking in a bookstore for a pregnancy related cookbook - that may help i have no real suggestions- have a great weekend! I do not think 15 lbs is at all over doing it! But i do think i need a belly pic from you!! you can crop your head out if you'd like!! Good luck with the haircut. i havent been either because everytime i go o get color alos anad i am avoiding that too!
YAY for 21 weeks! My sister had similar pains at about that point in her pregnancy and they said it was stretching pains. And since your belly is getting bigger that could be it. Glad to hear that your doctor was proactive though and that all is well! :)
As for what to eat...I'm going with the idea that lots of protein and complex carbs along with fresh fruits , yogurt (since I can't drink milk at all), and veggies are all good. My treat are my thin mint girl scout cookies, but that is pretty much it. I know it's hard--I'm hungry all the time and I feel guilty eating all the time (I'm generally a dieter as well), but I don't know what else to do.
Just try to keep your meals and snacks balanced and I think you will be fine. My doctor said to gain 1/2 pound a week, which I think is a bit low. I think 15 pounds sounds perfect!
Good luck with your haircut! :)
Yay! Congrats on 21 weeks! No offense to any nurses, but that is sort of why I hate talking to nurses rather than doctors. I often find their advice to be somewhat alarmist. For example, for one of my beta's the nurse said "it can go either way" but when I saw the RE he was surprised at that comment and said everything was fine. So yeah, don't panic until you talk to the MD!
Yay for 21 weeks!!! I'm so happy to hear that the pains you were experiencing are nothing alarming.
Good luck with the haircut! I got mine cut quite a bit a few weeks ago because I was so sick of it!
Wow, you are over half way there! Cutting hair is a great way to press the reset button. I don't know what it is, but it rocks!
Post a Comment