Thursday, March 20, 2008

25 weeks (I think...)

This is so strange. I am so sure that I posted last week and it is not here. Has this ever happened to any of you? Anyhow, I have had rough week personally. Not really in comparison to what is going on with many of you, but emotionally it was hard. I have posted here before about being obsessed with my weight. I always thought that once I got pregnant that would be done and its not- its actually worse. It doesn't help that my good friend just had her 2nd baby and literally looked like she shoved a basketball in her shirt- she was 100% all baby! I guess I am jealous. Here I am at 25 weeks pregnant and I still look like I have put on weight but not necessarily pregnant. The truth is that at this time last year I had lost a bunch of weight and weighed 40-some pounds less than I do now. Slowly I had regained the weight and then some and now am pregnant and seem to look as if I am continously gaining weight. I got on the scale Monday morning and was shocked that I had gained so many lbs in one week. I feel like at this rate I am going to be one of those women who gain too much weight and can never get it off once the baby is born. I bought a pregnancy cookbook in hopes that it had some tips and recipes on how not to gain weight too quickly. It doesn't really- it has great recipe ideas but no real serving suggestions to keep portion control in sight. Anyway, on top of my own insecurities I have been asked about a gazillion times this week when I was due. When I say June 28 people say that I don't look that far along. At first I liked this- I thought it meant I looked good for 25 weeks pregnant... Then I ran into a substitute at my school who exclaimed, "You don't look pregnant, you just look like you have put on a ton of weight!". Now when people say I don't look that far along- her oh-so-kind words ring in my ears. I had a good old hormonal cry to my husband about this who swears I look beautiful. I just want a big old belly and everything else to stay the same but that is not how my body wants this pregnancy to go and I just have to remember that as long as the baby is healthy and my dr is okay with my weight gain- I should be happy, and I am. I have not lost sight of what is important but selfishly I wish I looked better. I hope that doesn't offend anyone.

As of Monday I thought my round ligament pain was getting better. I went for a long walk with the dogs and by night I could barely walk. I am going to try prenatal yoga and see if stretching helps. Anyone tried it?

The nursery is now an empty room. We had a yard sale on Saturday and sold everything (either sold or sent to goodwill) that was in that room or the guest room. FJ is planning on painting next week and we are also planning on a trip to IKE.A to pick up the furniture. I have settled on a date for my shower (or atleast a weekend) for May 31/ June 1. I almost would rather not have one but my friends insist. It just seems like I would be better off after the baby is born and I am sure that I am really going to bring him/ her home. (Do I still sound synical???)

We also settled on childcare. The good news is that I won't have to go back to work until November. In November my child should be about 5-6 months old. A friend of mine's mom keeps kids and has agreed to take care of our's. I do have a few more things to take care of next week.

4 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

I am so sorry that you are having to obsess about your weight. I swear some people are just dumb or mean... What is wrong with people?

My guess for hte weight is that your friend had a boy and you are having a girl?? Hang in there

Courtney said...

The whole weight thing is somewhat difficult. I hope that your belly pops on out there in no time!!!

Congrats on making progress with your nursery and with child care! Things are really moving along. :)

tryingin2007 said...

I too look fat. most of the weight I have gained is in my butt, hips and face. I'm growing wider as opposed to out! if I wear a tight shirt though I look pregnant. but if I go shopping for anything baby related I am still asked "is this a gift?" this makes me crazy!

I bet one of these days you will wake up to a nice big "obvious" pg belly.

RBandRC said...

Weight has been one of my biggest issues lately and it stinks. Granted, there are worse things in the world, but try not to get too wrapped up in it. You had the will to lose 40 pounds before, you will be able to do it again. HUGS!