Saturday, March 1, 2008
belly band
I know- how unusual for me to post twice in the same week!!! Well here I am. We had an OB appt yesterday and all was well. I was delighted that I hadn't gained 10+ pounds in the past 4 weeks but alas I had gained 6. That's 6 for last month and 6 for this month. I figured it out and when I was weighing in at my lowest and best- I weighed 40 pounds less than I do at this moment. I am not counting that I have gained 40 pounds so far though since I gained about 20-25 trying to get pregnant and probably another 10-15 in the first few weeks before my dr started "counting". He only thinks I have gained 12 pounds and he thinks that is right on target. It's all good- I am just happy to have this beautiful reason to be packing on the pounds!!! Has anyone seen Juno? I dragged FJ to see it last night and I really liked it. There were a few moments when I would've liked to have jumped through the screen and popped little naive Juno in the face when she made comments like- "at least you don't have to get big and pregnant" to women who so desperately wanted to. Anyway, I recommend it as a light hearted comedy. I don't think I could have seen it pre-pregnancy but I enjoyed it last night. FJ didn't love it- too chcick-flicky but he said it was "cute". Anyway, at the OB's office yesterday I encountered my least favorite person from his office- the nurse. This woman made me feel stupid and like sh*t while trying to get pregnant. Then I found out that she was pregnant and due last December and thought maybe things would be better between us now that she was pregnant and I was pregnant. Well- she's back from maternity leave and just as bitchy as ever. Urghhhhh. The good thing is that I only have to deal with her when I am weighing in and having blood pressure taken so far so our encounters are brief. So my OB asked how my pelvis pain is going and I told him not so good. He "prescribed" (you don't need a prescription- obviously) a belly belt to wear. I went to the maternity store after the appt to get some khakis and found one there. I wore it last night and today and so far so good. I feel like I am wearing too tight panty hose (which mind you isn't comfy) but my pelvis seems to feel less pressure. The true test will be Monday at school. Okay- that's all for now. I hope everyone is having a terrific weekend!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
i was wondering how those worked! glad it relieved your pelvic pain for now hope it works monday!
I always wonder why bitchy people go into service oriented jobs like nursing or teaching...it is SO awful to encounter a nurse who is such a bitch! I hope you don't have to deal with her too much!
12 pounds is great! I'll be lucky if I haven't gained like 100 when I go back next week. I need to start behaving myself now in order to prepare. Ugh.
Sorry you have to deal with bitchy nurse. If it makes you feel any better, there is an OB at my practice who is like that--I've yet to see him and have no intention of going to him until I'm past 26 week (we have to go to all of the doctors in our practice just in case), but he seems like a real dick. And with my luck he'll be on call the night I deliver. LOVELY. UGH. Why get into an industry where you work with people if you're going to act like an ass? It's so frustrating.
Good luck with your belly belt! :)
Good luck with the belly band! I'm glad to hear it is helping to ease your pain. Now if only the pain of that nurse could be erased as easily...
:)
Post a Comment