After posting last week I did a little research and realized that somewhere along the way I had missed a week! So this week I got a bonus week and will be 27 weeks tomorrow! Hard to believe. I can't believe the 3rd trimester is approaching. I went to the dr yesterday and did the glucose test (no results yet) and it wasn't that bad. Everything I had heard was that the drink was thick and warm and gross- mine was fruit punch flavored straight out of the fridge. It felt like a treat to drink such yummy and sugar-laden juice! Anyhow- after I downed the solution, I got on the scale and low and behold had gained another 4 pounds. Now after gaining 6 for 2 months in a row I was thinking 4 wasn't so bad but then reality set in... At this rate I am going to gain way too much (are you all sick of me talking about weight or what- I promise this won't be long)... so I finally approached my dr. This whole pregnancy he has been saying that I am doing great- weight gain right on target and blah blah blah... He finally agreed that I am gaining weight quite rapidly and gave me some tips on slowing down. I think that since he agreed with me, I will actually follow his advice- before I thought- he's okay with it, maybe I should get over it. So FJ and I stopped on the way home and loaded up on lean proteins and fruits and veggies and that is what I am going to stick to.
I also told my OB that I am a little worried that I am not feeling my baby move as much as my friends at this stage (you all but I didn't get into the whole blogosphere thing) and he said that at this point they don't start counting fetal movements- that starts at 28 weeks. He said starting at 28 weeks to lay on my left side in a quiet place with both hands on my abdomen and I should feel 5 movements in 30 minutes. That sounds like a lot to me! Also- every 30 minutes the baby moves that much? Those of you who have felt your baby a lot might not feel like this is a lot but it worries me that my baby won't be up to par. The dr. said that we could do a non-stress test if that would make me feel better in labor and delivery starting at 28 weeks. So yesterday I tried and tried to get my baby to kick, punch, turn, whatever and when I was lying there relaxed I couldn't really feel it. Later that night though (and as we speak) the baby seems to be going wild. I feel like he/she must be really shy because every time I feel a few good kicks, I lift my shirt to see if my belly is trembling and he/she runs away. Same thing when FJ tries to get a feel.
Last night we put all of the I.KEA furniture together. I will have to take a picture because it looks fantastic. It really wasn't as bad as I thought putting it all together and I feel great that I got to help! We have decided to make the nursery off limits to the puppies and they are not happy. This coming week we are going to put furniture together in the guest room and finish up a little painting. I am starting to feel panicky about all of the projects that need to be done in at max 13 weeks! I also signed up our baby classes (baby basics, labor and delivery, pediatric cpr, hospital tour, and breastfeeding). I feel good that I got off my arse and called and made these appointments but it makes it all seem that much more real!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Panicy- That describes my feelings this week perfectly! I feel i have so much to do and I am slightly afraid to do it.
Good luck withthe new food plan and I hope this makes you happier.
My lil one kicks and kick and kicks so much at night. Not so much during the morning/days. I foound that If i lay on my right side i feel more -I know they all say left side .. but wouldn't you know it - somethingelse my kid and body do differently.
Grats to 27 weeks!
oh, I'd love to see pics of your nursery! please post some photos if you get a chance. our little one will be sleeping in our room because the second bedroom is my office. I like to live vicariously through other people's nurseries.
:)
Glad to hear the glucose test wasn't so bad. I'm definitely planning to have mine done first thing in the morning so I don't have to worry about watching my sugars and my weight quiet as much as I do when I have my afternoon appointments.
As far as movement, I think every baby and every day is different. Lemy will be really active for a few days and then she'll have a couple of days where she is relatively quiet. And since my schedule is all off (I've been on vacation), her schedule is all off as well.
Have you tried drinking milk? For some reason Lemy goes insane when I have milk. Just a thought. HUGS!
How exciting to gain an extra week! Please, please, please show us some pictures of your nursery soon!!! :)
Post a Comment