Saturday, March 8, 2008

Week 23 and FJ's woes

23 weeks... wowsas! I feel like it might actually be 24 and I have missed a week somewhere but regardless- one more week down. It was a pretty good week overall. The belly is still fairly tender in the evenings and I did not wear the belly belt like I was supposed to so it is my own fault. I am still struggling with thinking I just look fat and not pregnant. A secretary at my school claimed, "My, you are getting wider- it must be a girl!" yesterday. Thanks lady- that was classy. Most people say I look good for almost 6 months and I think 12 pounds is pretty darn good but I feel like a load. In fact- most of my original maternity clothes don't fit me anymore. My arms seem to have gotten fat, my legs and butt are fatter- everything but the basketball that I so desperately want. Don't get me wrong- I am not complaining- I am thrilled to pregnant and as long as I am healthy I could give a rip if I look fat but its just self image that I have always struggled with.

FJ is getting stir crazy with our weekend routine. I am perfectly happy sitting around watching t.v. while he still wants to get out and have a life. I told him go ahead! Or- I will gladly go to a non-smoking bar and have a lemonade while you have some drinks. I think he is depressed that his friends aren't calling but honestly they probably think that we are living the pregnant life and have no intention to go out. I told him that the phone works both ways and he should make himself available to his friends if that would get himself out of his funk. I think the thing that he is struggling with the most is not smoking. I am not sure tat he necessarily "trusts" himself being out with his friends (who smoke) without me and not giving in to temptation. He is driving me crazy though- such a baby!

5 comments:

RBandRC said...

YAY for 23! I think 12 pounds is fantastic. I'm jealous. I have this feeling that when I go back to the doctor on Wednesday they are going to say I've gained like 50 pounds. Bleh. :)

AwkwardMoments said...

Happy 23 weeks - we are almost 6 months! A few more days

tryingin2007 said...

I'm SHOCKED that you are 23 weeks! I feel like you just announced your bfp. wow! my link to your blog was stuck on november for some reason and I thought you simply stopped updating. it is incredible how time has flown by.

I hear ya about the width weight gain. I've gained 10 lbs already and it's all in my hips, butt and thighs. blech.

Anonymous said...

Make FJ call some of his buddies - if you are comfortable with it, I am sure one night out will help him get over his funk!

Courtney said...

Congratulations on the new milestone and for the minimal weight gain!!! My appointment is tomorrow and I am dreading the scale already. :(