Wednesday, May 21, 2008

4 pounds, 13 ounces to date

My baby weighs 4 pounds, 13 ounces. We went in for our appt this a.m. and all of his/her measurements look good. I am a little concerned about the misproportion of things- the head seems to be huge- measuring 36 weeks or so, the tummy is teeny and measuring 32 weeks or so. The technician and my OB said that all of these things are very normal and just estimates but still. I want the baby to be perfect and right on the money for everything! My EDD according to today's measurements is now June 30 but my OB said he is not changing it officially. We talked to day about birth plans and labor etc. He still thinks that I won't go past 40 weeks or at least he doesn't want me to. I felt really good after talking to him about this.

FJ's school had a shower for him yesterday. It was a surprise and I was invited. I can't believe I kept it a secret for so long! He never admitted it to me before the shower but after he was saying that he was sort of bummed that no one had planned anything for him. He admitted that as an administrator his role is different than the teachers and he thought this was why. He was very surprised! We got our car seat! I am so excited! I feel like now we are ready. The nursery isn't done and we don't have loads of clothes, diapers, etc but we have the big stuff- crib, bassinet, car seat, etc. 

My shower is next weekend (June 1)! Then my work is having one June 10 during exams. We are just so thrilled and excited to have made it this far!!!

7 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

those measurements are all out of wack. Mine are all over hte place too.. It's hard to deal with anything less than perfect thought ..trust me I know

AwkwardMoments said...

congrats on the past and upcoming showers!

Amanda said...

That's so cool that they threw a shower for him!!! And hooray for your upcoming shower!

Anonymous said...

How sweet that you threw a shower for your DH!!

RBandRC said...

If it makes you feel any better, my midwife said that anything 2 weeks ahead or behind is considered normal for estimates--so hang in there!

Enjoy your shower! How exciting! :)

Searching said...

Awww, how sweet for him to have a shower! Have a good time at yours, and remember that measurements in utero aren't always perfect. You gotta have that wet slippery baby in front of you to really know for sure. :)

C said...

That's awesome that they had a shower for him:) What a good idea!

Have fun at your showers!!