I can't believe I didn't post last week! I was thinking yesterday that it had felt like forever since I had checked in with any of you and realized with Mother's Day madness that I must have not been able to get on. Mother's Day btw was great. My mom and step dad came down and we went out to lunch. I had received Mommy to Be cards from my SIL, Grandma, and MIL. I didn't expect anything at all! Especially since I had made a comment to FJ about what he "could" get me for Mother's Day if he wanted and he had laughed. Turns out that he did buy me gifts! 2 of the gifts were more for him than me but they made us both happy. FJ is a huge Yank.ee fan. So he has nicknamed the baby Joba for Jo.ba Chamb.erlain (pitcher). So he bought me a night shirt that says "Joba Rul.es" on the front. He also bought the baby a Yank.ee onsie, booties, hat, bib, blanket set that is adorable. We don't care if the baby is a girl- He/She will wear the Yank.ee apparel during games with daddy. The 3rd gift was so so sweet... he bought me a "willow ang.el" statue (from hall.mark) of a mommy holding a baby. I love those angels and it was so sweet of him to pick one up that is so meaningful at this point in our lives.
I have been getting pretty anxious lately about a few things. First off- a car seat. Now that I am 34 weeks pregnant I am beginning to realize that if he/ she comes early we will be without anything. My friends at work are having a shower for me the 10th of June and they told me yesterday they are collecting for a big gift certificate from bru. I am hoping that if I don't get a carseat for my June 1 shower that we can wait until June 10. Anyway, I am also stressing about names. We are keeping names a secret but it can't hurt to post some ideas here... For a girl I love the idea of the double name- Ava Claire, Eva Grace, etc. FJ hates it but did sign the mother's day card "Love, Joba aka Ava Claire" so maybe he is coming around. He hasn't given me any ideas of names he likes so I figure I can name the baby unless he steps up. For boys we like Braxton or Keegan (Irish names) but I don't have my heart set on anything yet.
Today I am off from work because Ver.izon is supposed to come and set up F.ios but I think they're going to be a no show. At least I had a day off but what a waste! I hope that all is well out there with you all in the cyberworld!!!
3 comments:
Happy Belated Mother's Day to you - It sounds lke yu had a wonderful time. We know hte sex and still do not have "the" name picked out either.
My shower is this weekend. I am so exicted for this. We do not have a car seat either. It will come for both of us- YAH for 34 weeks!
YAY for 34 weeks! So glad to hear that all is well. I, too, started freaking out about the car seat. We got it, but I was frantic about it for some reason, and I'm only now 30 weeks. Go figure. We still don't have our furniture or clothes, or anything else for that matter, but I felt better once I had that. STRANGE! I love the names, BTW! :)
HUGS!
We have people who have to run out THE DAY they bring their baby home to get a carseat. :)
I like the double name thing too. Emma Grace is my favorite, after my GGM. Kate also makes a real cute middle name, like Sarah Kate.
Post a Comment