It has really hit me this past week. I am going to have a baby. It started with Sunday night and the baby moving/ braxton hicks contractions like crazy. I was so uncomfortable!!! It was quite reassuring though since the baby had a lazy day on Saturday. Sunday and Monday my feet turned purple with white spots. As soon as I propped them up above my heart they returned to flesh color but have remained swollen indefinitely. Monday night I had crazy contractions again to the point where I was researching the diff between true and false labor. They lasted about an hour or more but never hurt or were regular so I felt confident that I wasn't actually laboring. I went in for my weekly OB appt Wed. and my blood pressure was elevated slightly. He did the beta strept test and checked my cervix. I am 1 cm and 50% effaced. It could stay this way for weeks but I just couldn't believe that my body is getting prepared. Because of the blood pressure and purple feet, I was told to have a non-stress test. I went today and all went just fine. Regardless, my OB has ordered one for every week until my due date. I feel like its a bit of overkill since everything is normal and even the specialist was like, "and why did your ob send you for this test???" but like FJ said, better to be safe than sorry. Anyhow, I think we have settled on names... We are keeping them secret but I don't think it could hurt to post them here. I will let you know if/when they change since we aren't convinced...
If girl- Teegan
If boy- Braxton (ironic that I have had Braxton Hicks contractions this week that we decided).
I am fairly sold on Teegan and FJ is sold on Braxton, and we are 90% sure about the other, but its funny that we both faulter on the opposite.
Aside from all things baby- I am getting really excited for the end of the school year. Another year down! I am trying to be pushy about my position for next year- trying to make it as easy for me as possible (not like me at all!). This weekend is my shower with family and friends. Still have nothing to wear!!! That's all for now...
7 comments:
Teegan's a great name. So's Braxton, but I really really like Teegan.
Happy ALmost 36 weeks. Have a great shower. I really like the names you selected. We have a few but nothing for sure.
OUCH so sorry to hear about your feet/bp. I have NST every week starting June 6th. I have not let them examine me yet. I wanted to wait until June 1 before they did that. (after E's brother's High school graduation) It;s 2 hours away and I need to be slightly calm about being 2 hours away from my dr's for about 30 hours.
I am also having contractions of some sort. Nothing rythmic, just pains that come and go some days. Some days more than others.
Have a great time at your shower.
I hope you have a wonderful shower. I like the names - do they have any significance, or are they just names that you like?
Congrats on 36 weeks! :)
Wow, time is flying--36 weeks already! Congrats!
YAY for the end of the year, too! We finish on Wednesday and I am counting down the seconds. I just need some time to not be around people. Much as I love my kids and my job, I just need a mental break.
Hope you had a great shower!!! HUGS!
Congratualtions!!!! Happy news like this brings me renewed hope.
I love both names.
Have a great time at your shower!
Love the names:)
Hope your shower went well and you got lots and lots, oodles and oodles of good stuff!:)
Post a Comment