Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Weight loss journey #1

We had a busy week around here. My brother, SIL, and nephew came from AZ for a week long visit. My mom and step dad came down as well. No one stayed here (which was nice actually) but we were on the go all week long. My nephew is 3 years old (his birthday was last week) and is the cutest thing in the world. He loves T to pieces! Whenever she cried he tried to calm her by singing "Itsy Bitsy Spider". Too cute.

Now that they're gone, I am at a loss for how to spend my day. FJ went back to work last week and with company I was kept relatively busy. Now that everyone's gone I am trying to be a good entertainer for T and keep up with chores etc. I have been really lazy today though. I went to the grocery store and should really run the vaccuum and put the clean clothes away but I don't feel like it. I can see myself becoming a real couch potato while T naps. I have found that if I run too many errands, T sleeps too much. She loves to ride in the car and falls right to sleep. Typically she'll stay asleep until we get home. This is a problem if I am out of the house for hours on end. This weekend I had to wake her up to eat mid-errand-running and she went right back to sleep. So I have decided to stay at home more so I can play with T. It makes me feel cabinfeverish though. Any suggestions?

I went to my first W.eight W.atchers meeting last night. It was pretty good. I am determined to lose my baby weight as well is my IF weight. I am going to set a reasonable goal for 22 pounds. I say reasonable because I was that weight for years and years and thought I was fat. Its a weight I can keep and still eat whatever (or at least I used to be able to). I hope to actually lose more than that but I'd like to at least get there before I set my sights higher. I do best with small goals so I am going to celebrate each and every loss and also reward myself every 5 pounds gone. It was hard this a.m. because my plan was to get up and figure out what I should eat. T was fussy so I was trying to soothe her but I was also hungry. My first instinct was to grab something without planning it out. Luckily I got my act together and planned out my day before grabbing my breakfast. Now I just have to stick with it. One day at a time!

2 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

i have cabin fever for the same reasons .... AND i have become quite lazy about house chores also. if T sleeps too much during the day - does she not sleep good at night?

When cabin fever sets in, we load up the sling or stroller and go for a walk

RBandRC said...

I already have cabin fever and its only been two weeks! I'm still not comfortable with taking Lemy out, so I'm trying just to deal with it. Have you thought about renting movies? My DVR keeps me busy when I have a spare second, which is hardly ever since my child never sleeps and eats constantly. :P

Good for you with Weight Watchers. I need to do something too. I'm just not looking forward to it! Good luck! :)