Monday, August 4, 2008

Back to work- FJ


FJ had to go back to work today. Blehhhggg. I am a little stressed that today might be a crazy day. I have found that when I get frustrated with T, I pass her off to him. Its been so nice to be able to do this for 6 weeks. My mom, stepdad, SIL, BIL, and nephew are all here to visit until Saturday. I am sure that they will be helpful. The thing is- we discovered that T works really well on a schedule (within reason). We have a 3 hour schedule where she wakes up, eats, has some playtime, and sleeps. If I can get her down for a nap when she shows the first signs of tired- she sleeps for 1-2 hours without fuss. If she goes even the slightest bit without being put down for a nap- she is overstimulated and won't sleep to save her life. The problem with this is company. Everyone wants to hold her and fuss with her constantly. Yesterday FJ and I had to bring her up to her crib for her naps (usually she sleeps in the living room pack and play) in order that everyone would leave her alone. The good news is that regardless of the type of day she has had- she is still sleeping relatively well at night. We feed her at 9, she sleeps until 2ish, eats, and sleeps until 6. I am excited for the day when she drops the 2 o'clock feeding but she is only 6 weeks old and I am not working yet so I am not going to stress about it. So the other day mom and I took T shopping looking for coordinating outfits for my nephew B and T (they are getting their pictures done Friday). Anyhow, mom insisted on sitting in the backseat with T. T typically falls right to sleep in the car- she may fuss for a minute or so but once we are out of our neighborhood- she is asleep. My mom sat in the back and "tried" to calm T down while we were leaving the neighborhood and then T never slept the whole way! Its hard to tell my mom how to do things because she thinks she knows best.

I had my 6 week postpartum appt thursday. It went well. Typically I am very uncomfortable with internal exams but thursday's was fine. I think that giving birth may have solved my issues since more people saw my vajay then I care to count. I was given the go ahead for intercourse, exercise etc which was a relief (more for the exercise than the intercourse!). I did have my "I don't want to be on birth control" talk with my OB. He agreed that if we want another baby right away then there is no point. It is nearly impossible for me to get pregnant on my own but wouldn't it be ironic if I was one of those people who got pregnant while bf'ing. It feels strange to have to "worry" about that! Whatever happens happens!

So since I was given the go ahead- I went for a run last night and again this morning. These runs are SHORT and I am just trying to break my body into exercising again. I haven't worked out since August/ September of last year! I am still 15 or so pounds more than that time so running is not exactly comfortable. I had to put on a probably too small sports bra in order to anchor my huge breasts down so I was comfortable. My shorts are snug and I only have a few t-shirts that look okay. Hopefully the rest of the weight will come off soon because I don't feel like I look good when I go for runs.

That's all for now! I hope everyone enjoys this week!

3 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

MT can go 3 hours w.o a feeding - but 3 hours is MAX (if awake during the day)

Those first couple days w.o help (for me) were rough ones. I am thinking about you today.

I hear ya about moms, company and overstimulation ...

Searching said...

Look how cute and big she is!!!! :) I'm glad things are going well and you are able to start exercising again. A little fresh air and moving your muscles works wonders for some reason. Hoping your week goes well!

RBandRC said...

WOW! 6 weeks already?! Time flies...glad to hear that you're doing well and that T is thriving. I envy your schedule as Lemy NEVER sleeps, except at night. She just isn't much for napping and it drives me crazy sometimes. :) But I'm hopeful we'll get there soon...she is only 2 weeks old!