On Saturday will mark my 28th week and 7th month of pregnancy (I do realize that not every month is 4 weeks long but this is where we get the whole 10 months of pregnancy). I can't tell you how unbelievable it is to me that I have made it this far! I said aloud today that I have 12 weeks left and people just couldn't believe it. I still am having lower pelvis pain- especially when I have been on the floor or am sitting for a long time. I deal with it though- no complaints here!
One thing that you may not know about me is that I love is track & field. When I was in high school I ran track and although I never got "good", I am so glad that I did it because running has been my 'go to' exercise in my adult life. I have even run 3 marathons! Anyway, I mention track because track season has started for my middle schoolers. For the past 9 years I have coached in some capacity and this year I was going to be head coach of both the boys and girls teams. When I found out I was pregnant and this pregnancy was viable- I told the assistants that they needed to choose another coach and that I would help when I could and was feeling up to it. So they did and I am. The thing is, I haven't missed a day! I love it so much and I don't want the kids to forget about me as a coach so I am there every afternoon until 6 and I am exhausted. I think I will need to pick 2-3 days per week that I can go and just stick to it. Today I spent 2 hours on the floor handing out the uniforms and when I got up- oooohhh mama! I was in pain! I need to take care of myself and my baby!
My in laws are coming this weekend for a quick visit. FJ's sister and husband (whom I love) will be here tomorrow and most likely leave Sat. afternoon. FJ's mom and dad will be here early Saturday and leave Sat. night. There is a very popular 10k in Richmond that I usually run with FJ but this year I am a cheerleader and FJ, SIL, and BIL will run (FIL was supposed to but injured his knee). It should be fun but now I need to clean my house, go to the store, etc etc in preparation of guests.
In addition to the visit, I am hostessing a baby shower fSunday or my bff who is due April 30 (this month!). It is at my house and another girl is helping me host. I decided that I would make cupcakes (and decorate them so they look like little baby faces) instead of buying a cake and I also need to make 2-3 more dishes/ h'orderves. Any suggestions? I can't decide and can pretty much make anything so throw it at me! The easier the better though considering I also have my Sat. full!
FJ and I need to get on the road with registering. He has been so crazy busy taking 2 grad classes that his weekends (when not studying) are the only time he has to relax. Don't get me wrong- he is ecstatic that little baby is on the way but I think he is intimidated by the local baby store that we all know and love. I will have to make him go next weekend since I will be 29 weeks then and that is just getting a little ridiculous!!!
I promise to post nursery pics soon! If my cupcakes come out for Sunday- I will take pics of them to so you guys can see what I am talking about. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I can not WAIT to hit that 28 mark .. a few more days. I know it just seems so monumental! Go you hangin out in hte sun on a track. But yes pleease take care of yourself. Good luck registering and I can't wait to see pic's of ht nursery AND cupcakes *yum!
Sam's club has these great tasting pre-made quiche's. You just warm um up. Always a big hit.
Hooray for 28 weeks!!!!
You're right, you gotta put you and the little on as #1. But you know that. :-)
Sorry, it's been ages since I've been to a baby shower, so I've got no suggestions to offer. But I can't wait to see those cupcakes.
I hope you have a wonderful visit with the family!
YAY for 28! And YUM! Cupcakes! I love cupcakes. Now I want a cupcake...DAMN THESE CRAVINGS!
Good luck with the shower and registering. It was definitely an experience I won't soon forget.
Holy, 28 weeks! I've been reading along, just more quietly, but wanted to say yay for being so far:-)
Congratulations on 28 weeks!!! It sounds like a busy week with all you have going on. :) Can't wait to see those adorable cupcakes!
cupcakes sound awesome! now I'm hungry... again.
have a great visit with the family. sounds like it will be good weekend. enjoy!
:)
Post a Comment