I knew getting pregnant that I would have a hard time with the millions of people giving me ass-vice and telling me "their story" about pregnancy. I've been okay up until recently when I want to scream that every pregnancy is different and my situation is special! First off- the way I even got to this point is way more stress and emotion than most mothers have ever felt (not you all of course- that's why this is my happy place...). Secondly- why do people think that once they have done this before you- they have the right to treat you as if you are stupid! Its probably hormonal and nothing is really that big of a deal but I just feel crazy when people tell me their birthing advice or situations. Prime example- I have this cousin who has always wanted to be the center of attention. She met a guy 2 and a half or so years ago and immediately tried to get pregnant. I can remember trying to give her advice (because she asked) and telling her to wait until she knew this guy a little more and knew she wanted to be with him forever. Well- of course a few weeks later she announced her pregnancy and also her engagement. She is 7 years younger than me and since the pregnancy came first to her- she has become the expert and often gives me the stupidist advice in the world! We have another cousin who just has a baby this week at about 42 weeks pregnant. When I made a comment- something like- "holy crap" my annoying cousin piped in to tell me that I very well could go 45 weeks. The baby will come when he/she is ready and blah blah blah. I guess this bothers me because no- I won't be going 45 weeks because my OB has already said that he won't let me go past 40. With my pregnancy history and high anxiety (none of which my cousing needs to know about) he is going to to make sure that I don't carry too long and risk something happening. Ughhh... I really don't know why her constant no-it-all opinions drive me bonkers. Now that I have written it out I realize how silly it is.
Anyhow... I had an OB appt this week and everything looked great. I only gained 2 pounds this month (the best I have done since 1st trimester) and my bp and measurements were right on. My OB asked if we wanted an ultrasound Monday (tomorrow) and we were like, "hell yeahhh!". He wants to "play" with his new 4d monitor and we get to benefit from it! We are very excited. I told my OB to make sure that we still don't find out the gender of the baby... We'll see how it goes!
I am now at the point in my pregnancy where I will go for an OB visit every 2 weeks for the next few appts and then go to 1 per week. I have A LOT of leave accrued so I am taking half days on these appointment days even though most appointments have been taking like 30 minutes. Its nice because generally I sleep in a little and can get something done after the appt.
We went to a wedding this weekend. It was a lot of fun except I got another "weight gain" comment. This woman who I haven't seen in a while came up to me and said, "When I first saw you I thought you had gained a bunch of weight, but then someone told me you were pregnant." When she saw the look of shock on my face she tried to make that sound like a compliment saying, "I would much rather look like I gained a bunch of weight than look 8 months pregnant." I was like, "HUH???" Why on earth would I rather look fat than pregnant? Crazy woman.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
YAh for 31 weeks! and a cool u/s tomorow. Good luck with that.
WHY oh why do people do that to us. I have 2 co-workers that have babies and tend to "overshare" ith me. Both never had a hard time getting or staying pregnant and INSIST they KNOW EVERYTHING baby. Now that I have bn diagnosed with GD - its because i was "eatting all wrong and will end up having a fat baby the will most likely require a C-section" ... uuuuuugh made me frustrated, anxious ans more scared.. i told them thanks for the vote of confidence.
It's like they will never at all understand our brains and thoughts.
Hang in there - a few more weeks now
31 weeks! Holy crap! Time flies...
I'm jealous of your u/s! I want another one, but I do not think we will get one. Bleh.
And I'm with you, I don't get the fat vs. pregnant comment at all. One of the parents at school today was like "you're huge!" I'm like, great...I know its mostly belly, but still. I've got a good 3 months to go...just wait and see how big I get! :P
Glad that things are continuing to go well! HUGS!
Good gawd I'd have such a hard time with that cousin. I don't deal with assvice well under most situations, let alone after all we/you went through to get here. Yay for 31 weeks though:-)
lol, sounds like SEVERAL crazy women. Very cool on the 4d u/s!!
I hope you get some great shots of your little one at the ultrasound today! Congratulations on 31 weeks!!!
That comment was WEIRD. What is wrong with people!
Post a Comment