Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Hi all! Just a brief check in... I am still here, still preggers, and still delighted to be that way! (Although if the baby came now, I would be totally cool with that!) Last week I went for my 37 week exam and the OB didn't measure me. I will definitely insist on that tomorrow. There was a little protein in my urine and my bp was a little high for me, but the OB didn't seem concerned. Since I am also going weekly for NST he feels confident that I am a-okay. My NST Friday was non-eventful. Everything looked great. It was great to see the baby again and to watch him/her on the ultrasound. He/She is breathing in there and they say that's a great sign. They hooked me up to the monitors to measure the baby's heart rate and my uterus' contractions. At first the contraction ticker was at zero but before long it shot up and down like a jumping bean! It went all the way to 80 at one point! The nurse asked if I could feel any of it and I couldn't. She wasn't concerned because they weren't regular enough to be "real" contractions but was surprised that I couldn't feel anything. The specialist asked if my OB had talked about having the baby early and I said no. I will be bringing all of this up at tomorrow's appt.! I am swollen, swollen, swollen. Today I totally stayed off my feet and drank lots of water but my feet right now are huge. It concerns me. My OB says that swimming helps so I have been going out to the pool once the sun goes down. It is relaxing and great to feel weightless, but the swelling doesn't really subside because of it. The only thing that seems to work is putting my feet up but even then they don't go down to "normal" size. 
We had another shower today. Our last! We are so lucky to have such great friends to spoil us. We haven't received some of the big items that we will need but have plenty of gift cards and duplicate gifts to return to cover it all. I just can't believe how generous everyone has been! I will try to post more tomorrow after my OB appt. Wish me luck!!!

A special congratulations goes to Farah at Fertilized! She and I were due date buddies!!!!

4 comments:

Searching said...

Keeping my fingers crossed for your appt! All of a sudden it seems like this whole pregnancy just flew by. Can't wait to "meet" that cutie!

AwkwardMoments said...

good luck and thank you

RBandRC said...

Hope the appt went well and the swelling goes down soon! HUGS!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how fast time is flying. Sounds like things are going really well...but sorry about the swelling! Hope you find some relief soon.