Tuesday, July 29, 2008

100th post!


I can't believe that it has been almost a year since I started this blog and that I have officially posted 100 posts! Amazing! So much has changed in the year and throughout the 100 posts. Looking back, I never thought I'd be where I am today. A year ago I was frustrated and hopeful but definitely frustrated. Month after month of BFN's with 2 miscarriages under my belt, I wouldn't have thought I would have a beautiful baby girl. Wow, hard to believe.

We made reservations to fly with T to Vermont the first week of September. My BI is running a half marathon and we are going to spectate. FJ is one of 4 kids. 3 of them are very successful, attractive, athletic, and smart. This VT BIL struggles at most things he does and seems very different than his siblings. He is always supportive of FJ and I in whatever we do and travels to visit on a whim. We felt that it was important to travel to VT to cheer him on. We thought we'd drive but a 12 hour drive with an infant didn't sound fun. I think we will be fine flying. I have heard that we should feed her when we get on the plane in hopes that the sucking prevents her ears from popping. Although I am breastfeeding, I plan to bring several bottles just in case. I am excited to get away but anxious about flying with T.

We started introducing T to the bottle a few days ago. She took to it very easily. Now she takes one a day of expressed breast milk- usually her dinnertime feeding. Although I have to pump when she eats, it is a relief that FJ can feed her. It breaks up the monotony in a way. We went out on Saturday to have dinner with some friends. It was great because when T woke up (she slept in her carseat most of the time), FJ fed her and I didn't have to feel awkward for breastfeeding. I am not quite that confident yet!

T seems to have caught a little cold. She has yellow mucus coming out of her eye (we think this may be a clogged duct) and sounds congested. She is snorting a little and seems to be breathing loudly when she eats. No fever though so I am hoping that it is pretty minor and will pass. I called the pediatrician and she is calling me back. Poor little thing! She sounds so silly when she is snorting!

FJ and I went to an open enrollment meeting today to change to a family plan for our insurance. We have always had an HMO (low cost option) but now are being encouraged to switch to the PPO which is significantly more expensive but probably cost effective with a child. We were asked by the woman who was trying to help us if we plan to have more kids in the near future. Its so strange to think of trying to get pregnant again. I am so happy with T and she is absolutely the best thing that has ever happened to us but we can't help but think that we don't want to waste anytime or opportunities to get pregnant again. Looking over the insurance plans, I realized that perhaps the testing and ultrasounds, meds, etc may be covered with the PPO as opposed to paying out of pocket which we did to get T. Its crazy to think that we might have to start all that over again. Not looking forward to that!

Thursday is my 6 week pp appt. I can't wait to be given the go-ahead to live my life like a "normal" person again!

4 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

MT just got back from the dr's because I thought hr had a cold - but he didn't good lUck to you!

Yah for T taking a bottle.

AwkwardMoments said...

she is beatiful btw

tryingin2007 said...

absolutely Precious!!! with a capital "P!"


:)

and congrats on the 100th post. it is hard to believe.

Baby Smiling In Back Seat said...

Here from ICLW...
What a serious face she is making! She must be thinking very hard. :)

Happy 100th post!