Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I spent the long weekend in Northern Virginia with FJ's family. My parents shared dinner with us and a few friends stopped by to say hello. It was nice and now I dread going back to work. Tomorrow- work- bleachhh...

Tuesday a.m. I have my dr's appt. I keep pressing my breasts to make sure they still hurt and being quietly thankful whenever I feel like dry heaving. I just worry that I will have a repeat of last year in the ob's office. I don't think I can handle it- I really can't. Last year at this time I remember driving to work a few days before my 9 weeks appt and thinking that it could be the best or the very worst week of my life. Not only was my ob's appt Wednesday, but I was also finding out that Friday if I achieved National Board Certification for teaching. So Wednesday came and went and we all know how that turned out. Thursday a miracle came via email saying that my NB scores wouldn't be available until December. Divine intervention! I knew that I hadn't achieved and didn't know how I would handle all of the bad news in a week. Sure enough weeks later, I got my bad news- hadn't passed. I decided to pursure it again.

So here we are in the same place. Last week I reminded myself of this when I got an email that scores would be posted Friday. I thought again, this could be the best month of my life or the very worst. How can I handle more bad news? My scores came and thank the good Lord above- I achieved. Now I hope that we continue this good news trend and I can get good news Tuesday.

Please oh please give me good news Tuesday!

8 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

i have an appointment on monday - I know this feeling .... praying for us both (all) Grats on passing the NB, my mother did hers a few yrs ago and i have never seen some much hooops and work to jump through in my life. Grats to you

Natalie said...

Woohoo, congrats on passing! And good luck with the appt:-)

RBandRC said...

I'm SO with you right now. I'm terrified to go to the doctor at this point and I'm hoping I can get over my fear soon.

I'm keeping everything crossed for you that the good news continues and that Tuesday bring you wonderful news! HUGS!

Searching said...

Praying for good news for you! Grats on passing!!

Tracy said...

Can't wait to hear how your appointment goes on Tuesday.

lady in waiting said...

Oh gosh, we all have the same sense of terror and dread before a scan!
I am seeing my new OB in 2 hours and I am TERRIFIED! I am thinking about you and roadblocks and fertilize me and praying for all of us to make it through our first tri's with happy outcomes.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on passing! That must feel GREAT. I am keeping all appendages crossed for Tuesday...

Courtney said...

Congratulations on your exam, and the best of luck tomorrow at your appointment!!!