I have the world's worst headache! Yesterday at school I filled my water bottle and stirred in my crystal lite packet and took a sip. Bleachhh.... I used to be 100% addicted to diet coke in the morning by weaning myself months ago with fruit punch crystal lite. Yesterday I realized I didn't like it anymore! So I went without a drink for the whole day- truly amazing for me! (Not that that is good.) When I got home from work I drank some water, limeade, and milk from my cereal snack but I am feeling the dehydrating effects today. I feel like I have a not-enough-caffiene headache. I think it most likely because I didn't drink enough yesterday.
We had our OB dr's appt today. It went very very well. We had the same ultrasound technician that we had the last 2 pregnancies and she is the sweetest little lady. She told us she had bee working as an u/s tech for 37 years and is not doing u/s for babies that she did u/s on when they were inutero. How cool is that? She asked us lots of questions about clomid and past pregnancies etc and made me pretty nervous. But them she inserted the all too familiar dildo-cam and walahh- there he/she was. Baby is measuring 9 weeks 3 days which is right on from my u/s 3 weeks ago. The heartbeat was 176!! What a glorious number! My OB talked a lot about what we will experience throughout the pregnancy and I have to say I am confused. We go in 3 weeks (Dec. 18) for a physical and to try to listen to the heartbeat from the outside. He also recommended that we go to a high risk dr. to do a finger prick test for early detection of down's syndrome. FJ and I will have to talk seriously about if we even want to do this test since we have already decided that no matter what- we will have this baby. We will not terminate no matter what the results.
Anyway, FJ is telling his fellow administrative staff today that I am pregnant. I can't wait to hear their reactions. I have told about 5 people at work and a few good friends. He has only told good friends and our family. We compromised that the cat will be officially out of the bag 2 weeks from today. That will be close enough to 12 weeks and will be more than 12 weeks since my last period. I hope we can make it 3 more weeks to hear the baby's heartbeat!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
YAY! So glad to hear that things are going perfectly. Congrats again. :) HUGS!
Excellent excellent excellent! I am so happy fo you
So happy to hear that today's appointment went well!
Awesome things are going to well!
Sounds wonderful!!!:)
Can I ask what you mean about "hearing the heartbeat from the outside"? Is that different from what they do with the vaginal probe?
Congrats on making it to nearly 10w and on being on target with a great h/b - yay! Oh, and gatorade works wonders for dehydration!
Post a Comment