The test went well. I had them redo the finger prick and we should have the results Friday. It was great to see the baby. He/she was so active and kept moving all around. The U/s tech said it was difficult to get him/her in a position to measure the fluid on the neck. All in all it was a good appointment and I feel relieved. Tomorrow is my 12 week appt and I am most nervous to get weighed. At my 8 week appt I had already weighed more than ever in my life- and that to me is a lot. I really don't feel as if I have gained too much weight this month and hopefully I am right!
On another note, I had dinner with a colleague tonight. This is my friend who went through National Boards with me. We don't have much in common but were so bonded by the NB experience that we will probably stay in touch forever. Anyhow, she has 3 step children who she doesn't have any contact with and when asked if she wants kids her reply is, "God doesn't have it in his plans for us". I have always envied her faith in that kids are His decision and have always wondered if she and her husband ever tried interventions. I got my answer today when I boastfully announced my pregnancy to her. I expected her to be thrilled for me. Don't get me wrong, she was, but she also told me about how she and her husband tried IVF and how she miscarried the 2nd week of school. I felt horrible. I came home and cried. I just expect it to be so easy for everyone else and when i am the one to be envious of- it hurts me. I have envied for so long and don't want anyone to be hurt. Infertility sucks and it really doesn't get better- even when you are pregnant. You are still tied to the thousands or millions of women who have experienced it and you wish it would go away.
Tomorrow is my 12 week check up with OB and I hope it continues to go well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I am glad all is well today! Good Luck at your appointment tomorrow. Infertility just plan SUCS MONKEY BALLS!! Ya'know .. makes feelings become angry, sad monsters!! And i dislike it
Glad the NT test and the rest all had good results! Will be praying for the boring, same-old, same-old good news tomorrow!
Post a Comment