Sunday, June 15, 2008

38 weeks

Still here and still preggers! I am now down to less than 2 weeks until the infamous due date- June 28. My OB is currently on vacation about 1 hour away so I am really hoping to hold out until he gets back. He told me that he will come home to deliver me if needed but I don't want to put him in that position. It is really important to me for him to deliver this baby. I know that it might not happen that way but its what I am really hoping for! He has always been so supportive of me/ us and I feel like he knows how important this is to me on a personal level (I guess any good OB would know how important a baby is...). Anyhow, I have his cell phone and am to call if "something" happens. I still feel like I won't know when labor hits. I am afraid of having a slow leak of amniotic fluid and not knowing it or having contractions and not knowing it. Everyone says, "you'll know!" but I just get this feeling that maybe I won't! FJ has been amazing lately getting things done around the house. It stinks because I feel like I can't help out with much these days. I am still incredibly swollen and my pelvis hurts a lot. I spend 90% of my day with my feet up and he runs around cleaning, shopping, etc. On top of that he has to go to work tomorrow but I don't. As a teacher I am off for the summer. As an administrator he has to work until the end of this month and then he'll be off for the month of July. He is taking 2 classes this summer as well as expecting our first child. I know I am demanding a lot from him but he seems to "get it" for the most part and has done a great job making me keep my feet up and doing the household chores. I do worry about him getting stressed with his workload and breaking down but so far he is just so excited for this baby to come! We ran millions of errands this weekend trying to put the final preparations in. The car seat is installed, art on the walls of the nursery, duplicate baby gifts returned, stroller and pack and play purchased etc. Our bags are packed for the hospital so now we wait... Last OB appt I was still 1 cm (in fact I think a little less) and 70% effaced. I can't believe my body is doing what it is supposed to do! 

3 comments:

RBandRC said...

So exciting! Have you dropped? I'm guessing that with the pelvic pain that you have. I can't believe there's only two more weeks! WOW! Times flies...hang in there and enjoy your break! :) HUGS!

Anonymous said...

Wow, FJ sounds like he is doing everything right. That is absolutely wonderful.

AwkwardMoments said...

hang in there soooo very close