Sunday, June 29, 2008

Too much!

Today was a big day and I am beginning to think we did too much too soon. I still feel great- can't get over how naturally mommyhood has been- but I am finally exhausted. I knew that would hit sooner rather than later! Yesterday my SIL and BIL came (M and P) from northern VA to stay the weekend. They are great- a bit younger than we are but they "get it" and were here to see their new niece and help us out. The only thing that exhausted me in regards to them is I fed T at 10 p.m. and went up to bed hoping to make it until at least midnight (I try to feed her every 2-3 hours during the "day"- yes midnight is considered the day right now- and 3-4 hours at night). At 11:00 FJ brought her up to me and said she was rooting and hungry. Ughhhh... I was beginning to think that she didn't get enough food during the day and feeling really guilty. I went ahead and nursed her and she fell asleep and stayed that way until I fed her at 3:00. This a.m. FJ and got up and brought T to church. While neither of us is extremely religious- religion is important to both of us and we plan to raise Teagan catholic. We also love our church so its not a chore to go. When we got back FJ made breakfast and M and P did the dishes while FJ, T, and I took a nap. At noon my dad and step mom came over (they live in FL) and the fun began. Not soon after my mom and step dad showed up (they all get along well) and FJ's mom and dad, SIL and brother and nephew all arrived. So here we were with a newborn and 12 adults visiting. Yes, this was all planned and we thought it would be a ton of fun to have everyone here together. It was, but it was exhausting. By the end of the day I was begging for a nap and trying to make it upstairs to nurse T when FJ's family was taking their time saying goodbyes. Finally I put my foot down, said good bye and headed upstairs for a feeding and a nap.

Breastfeeding is going well. I am so glad I went to the lactation consultant. She really helped me and I am going to call her tomorrow with some more questions. T is doing great and seems to really be filling out. We have a pediatrician appt tomorrow so I will find out how much she has gained. She sleeps all the time. I am not complaining because it gives me plenty of time to rest myself but sometimes it worries me. Today while everyone was here she sat on my step mom's lap and slept the whole day until I would feed her and then she'd zonk right out. Tonight will be interesting to see if she sleeps. I am not holding my breath but hopefully we'll get lucky!

2 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

yes hte visiting and visitors interupt hte whole breastpumping for me. Don't worry about hte sleeping - A still sleeps ALOT also. Good luck tomoorow at the pediatricians office. *and i hope you get some rest

Anonymous said...

Hi - I hope that you got some sleep! I got exhausted just reading about how exhausted you must be.