So a week ago I was bored and found entertainment in doing the "seven things you want to know" game. That night I went to bed as usual and fell asleep after poking my belly to make sure all was well in there. At midnight I got up and went to the restroom as usual and went back to bed. At 2:45 I did the same. This time, however, when getting back in bed and trying to get comfy I noticed something was different. I was sopping wet "down there". It was a warm
fluidy feeling like you feel when you get a big rush of blood when getting your period. Uh oh! I woke up
FJ and said, "I think my water just broke!" He freaked out a bit and we called my OB (who was still on vacation but I had his cell phone # "just in case"). He told me to call the hospital and to go on in- he'd leave the river and meet me there (have I told you lately that I LOVE my OB???). So off to the hospital we went (after having taken a shower with permission, putting on some clothes, stuffing a baby diaper in my underwear,
FJ changing the sheets, doing the dishes, and throwing in a load of laundry). We arrived at the hospital at 4:45 (2 hours after my water breaking) and I was no more
dialated or effaced then when I had gone to the OB just 11 hours earlier. The nurse (who was a major jerk
btw) started my
patosin (sp???) because they said it would be a long day since I hadn't started contractions yet. A few hours later I opted for some drugs and off to la-la land I went! At noon I sent FJ to get lunch for himself so that he would have the energy 'when the time came'. At this point my OB was on his way back from vacation to deliver my baby so the acting OB came in to check my cervix. I was 10 cm and 100% effaced and the baby was at +3! The OB said to call my husband and tell him to hurry back, the baby was on the way! I pushed and pushed and pushed. Unfortunately (or fortunately- I haven't decided) the epidural was working so well that my contractions were not showing up on the monitor and I couldn't feel ANYTHING- no pressure- NOTHING! So as I pushed and pushed- we weren't sure if I was pushing at the right times. Finally after pushing for 3 hours I asked for another option. The baby's heart rate was dropping with each push (and coming back up but it was still causing anxiety). The OB came in and said that I had 2 options- forceps of C-Section. I opted for forceps since I didn't want to have to recover from the stress of labor plus the major surgery and the OB said that he could have the baby out in 5 minutes with the forceps. And he was right! At 3:09 Thursday, June 19 my baby was born. And......
It's a GIRL!!!!!
And here she is....
10 comments:
she is absolutely freakin scrumptious!!!! I am So glad for you! cant wait to hear more .. we can help eachohter along!
Beyond beautiful!!!!
AAAHHH!!! She is BEAUTIFUL!!! And I must say I am grateful for your description of what it felt like when your water broke...I've been paranoid about that and not knowing if I'll know if it happens. :P
Can't wait for the update on Mommyhood...congratulations! HUGS!!!
Congratulations!! I just had a feeling you had your baby! :) She is gorgeous!
She's gorgeous!!!!! Congratulations!
wow! I knew you were getting close and was checking daily, but dang! hah congrats! She's adorable.
Congratulations!!!! She is gorgeous!
She's gorgeous, just gorgeous:-)
Congrats!! Glad to learn she's here is everything is good.
yay!!!! congratulations! she's really beautiful!!!!
:)
Post a Comment