Thursday, July 17, 2008

4 weeks!

Baby T will be one month on Saturday! In some ways it feels like years since my water broke but it doesn't seem like T could possibly have been here for a whole month! I think she has hit another growth spurt as she is eating like a banchy yesterday and today. I had gotten the point where she was eating every 3 hours but today she is 1.5-2. Its physically exhausting but I am perservering. We still haven't introduced T to a bottle and as the weeks go by- I am wondering when we will get to that point. Its not because I don't want to- its because by the time we are considering it- she is awake and hungry and it seems like such a process to heat the bottle, feed her, and clean up. It is so much easier to just 'whip it out'! Besides I would most likely pump while feeding her so what's the point if I don't have to go through the rigom and roll yet??? I admire those who can do it all- right now its just not for me!

Maybe TMI ahead... I had stopped bleeding about a week ago and went to wearing panty liners for the minimal discharge. Yesterday I woke up with a p.l. full of blood. This has continued through today. I don't have any cramps and the bleeding has not gotten any heavier (still just wearing a p.l.) and it doesn't feel like my period but is it? It has been 4 weeks since T was born and they say that you can have your first menstruation around this time. I am 100% breastfeeding which usually inhibits menstruation but I can't decide what I have done to increase bleeding. I have taken it easy the last 2 days (no walks or anything) to see if it stops but it has continued. Any thoughts???

On another note, T has gotten bigger. She has almost outgrown the NB diapers and can fit into some 0-3 month clothes (as opposed to her itty bitty NBs). It is very exciting to see her grow but I do wish she'd slow down!

Today I got out of the house without T and left her with FJ (only 2 more weeks of him being home with me:( ) to get a pedicure and eyebrow wax. It was much needed and much appreciated. I read a book in the fabulous massage chair and thanked my lucky stars that I have a husband who insisted that I do this today.

I am counting down the days until my 6 week post partum appt. I am praying that Dr. C gives me the go-ahead to exercise. I am itching to get out there and run. FJ bought me the I.P.od attachment that goes in the N.ike shoe and the shoes to go with. I absolutely can't wait and am eager to fit a good daily run into my schedule with T. I don't want to take her along for a few months so it will be interesting to see if I can get a run in while FJ is working 10 hour days in August!

I am considering an online master's program where I will be done in August of next year. Am I crazy to do this with a newborn? Any thoughts?

4 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

yuou have to seend me a picture of T to my email addy! I'm dying or see her.

My bleeding tapered off then picked up then decreased again a few days later. I hope the same for you. The pumping/bottle warming, bfing, is all a rigamorroll! But it is soooooo very nice to get a nap and miss one of his feedings too. I was thinking about that today - how there are pros/cons to everything. Happy 4 weeks.

We are still in NB outfits But he is up to 9 lbs - so i am hoping sooon - we have more clothes options when he gets to hte next 0-3 stage!

RBandRC said...

YAY for 4 weeks! I don't think you're crazy for wanting to do the on-line Masters...it may be a challenge, but its only temporary. Good luck with your decision. :) HUGS!

AwkwardMoments said...

hey I don't have your email adress and its not on your profile page .. Mine is //if you can email me your address I'd love to have it!

If I have plenty of stock I will freeze it in the breastmilk freezer bags(just write the date on it and oz. it will last 3 mons in a freezer visiterd often and 6 mons in a storage freezer), if i know i will need it soon I refrigerate it (it last up to 5 to 8 days in the fridge), if you are on the go - it can last up to 10 hours at room temp. And sometime he gets it immediately

How warm do you make the milk? I have a bottle warmer from the first years (http://www.amazon.com/First-Years-Quick-Bottle-Warmer/dp/B00005BXKM it's the cheapest one - that shows you how much water to use for how many oz of breastmilk .. but its basically alil cooler than room temp.

Anonymous said...

Yay for going out and getting groomed. :-) It always makes you feel better, doesn't it? And -- go for the on-line MS thing. You can go at your own pace, right? I got my MS and it was SO EASY, I think b/c I was an adult, I had my s*** together (unlike in college), and the topic was what I wanted to study -- with none of the "general ed" requirements that I always hated. It was the best thing I ever did!