Anyhow, T is going through a fussy faze right now. She is crying for hours on end with no relief. She seems to calm for a few moments when you try something new (stick you finger in her mouth, put her in the B.jorn, change positions, walk around with her) but overall she is fussy fussy fussy! This a.m. FJ went to work for a few hours and I could not calm her down. I am trying to keep her on a routine of eating every 3 hours during the day but I had to breakdown and feed her at 2.5 hours twice. I know she is still so little but I am such a routine person that I was hoping an early start would work for her. Not-so-much.
I am having a lot of anxiety about SID.S right now. I am freaking out about the house being too hot, too cold, too anything. Last night after T's bath FJ and I had a talk about it. He feels as if I am going behind his every move and changing things (turning the fan off, telling him to put a shirt on her, etc., etc.,) and I feel like I could never live with myself if we missed something and something happened to her. I have become the overprotective mom and I don't want to be but I can't help myself. I love this little girl more than I ever knew was imaginable and can't stand the thought of not being able to save her. Any advice on this? I feel so guilty because I trust FJ and know that he wants what is best for T but it is really hard not to be overprotective even when he has her.
Anyway, now that the crawlers have updated goo.gle- here are some long awaited pics of Baby T!!!

4 comments:
Oh, she is so pretty!!! Look at all that chunk too- you must be doing a great job of feeding her! She looks very healthy. :)
SIDS tips that we tell preemie parents:
On her back to sleep every single time (when she starts rolling over there's nothing you can do about that but start her off on her back at least). No one is allowed to smoke near her or be near her with smokey clothes. Don't cover her with huge fluffy blankets. If she's in a gown or sleeper she could be perfectly fine without any blanket. In a onesie one light blanket should be fine. (If you want, check her temp under her arm an hour after she's been asleep). Only pull the blanket up to her armpits if you aren't swaddling. No crib bumpers unless they are the breathable ones (until she is able to move herself away every time). No stuffed animals or pillows in the crib. No co-sleeping.
I think those are the major points. I'll let you know if I remember anything more. Do you know infant CPR? For SIDS you do what you can and that's all you can do at this point. Someday in the future I hope they find a cause so we can prevent it 100% but for now they don't know.
i hear ya about the "routine" I am told that they just "get it" around 2.5/3 months. We try and try and trya routine but htat just frustrates us both to no end that we have stopped tyring and we are more of a go with the flow- it makes for better days for me mentally - and if that means i feed more ..i feed more .. or mess a nap or whatever -
If that makes me a bad mommie by the books - so be it .. Right now we are just trying to making it a day at a time
My pedi and ob always said, if you are comfortable then the baby will be comfortable. So if wearing just a tshirt and shorts feels comfortable, then she should wear the same. If you feel like you need pj pants, then she should have the same. Wish I had more to tell you, to put your mind at ease.....
She is so beautiful! :)
Post a Comment