Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Here we go again...

FJ and I decided to "celebrate" AF we would go out and get some beers and burgers. We went to a local dive bar and finished off a few pitchers and ate until we felt like popping. FJ is supposed to call the clinic to do his SA today- we'll see. I know he means well, but he is incredibly busy at work. I have my mid-cycle u/s scheduled for cd 16. This happens to be Sept. 5- the second day of school. I teach middle school and we are on block scheduling (classes meet on a rotating, every other day basis) so that would be the first time I met my "B day" kids. I don't think I can do that. FJ and I talked about potententially taking this next cycle "off". Its scary to think about because since Oct. 2005- we haven't taken a break. My RE has already called in my prescriptions for 100mg clomid and vial of HCG for trigger but those will keep- right? I could do the clomid without monitoring and o on my own- right? I have o'ed on my own with it before and in fact, both pregnancies resulted. So I think that is what we have decided. Like I said, we are nervous but we don't think it can hurt. For my own sanity I think it is important to live my life (although it is ONLY work) first and let IF come second- ha, yeah right.

5 comments:

hammygirl said...

If a break feels right, go for it. You deserve the rest. :)

AwkwardMoments said...

Sanity is very important - do what id best for you!!

Natalie said...

100mg of Clomid on your own I think is fine - I ain't no doctor but that's my prescription and they've never monitored me on it. They don't think it's worth it until you're pumping a lot more into your system. My RE said that on that dose we only have a 3% chance of twins, so to me that means not many chances at too many eggs. Good luck if you take teh break.

Ashley said...

Let me know when you receive that scope! :] I hope it works for you.

K said...

We decided to take some time, too. I know what you mean about the beginning of school being crazy and that's all the more reason why we are taking a break. Whatever you decide, I'm sure will be right for you.
good luck!