Saturday, August 25, 2007

My normal life

Not much to say in the IF/ TTC world lately. When you are experiencing AF and planning on taking a break from the RE- there is just no much to update...

I went back to school yesterday to help the new teachers get around, give tours, introductions, etc. It was fun and did get me excited to get back. My school is the biggest mess right now though because we had a major HVAC (air conditioning) renovation this summer that might not be complete until Sept 2. We have open houses all next week and that is going to be interesting let alone trying to get in my room to get it set for the school year (First day of school is Sept. 4) I did talk to 2 of my friends that mentioned my email I had sent about trying to get infertility covered by insurance and both were very receptive. One even said she'd be a surrogate for me and she was serious! I don't think we will go that route (at least not yet...) but it is nice to know my friends haven't forgotten what I am going through and realize the pain I am in even though we don't talk about it much (fine with me!).

I purchased and have read the first 14 chapters of Taking Control of your Fertility. What a great book! I highly recommend it to anyone just starting out this journey. I wish I had read it 2 years ago. FJ is reading it now and when he's done we are going to talk. I think we should take a few months off of all of the meds, RE, etc to see what my body does on its own. I am scared to do that because the 2 times I have been pregnant have been after having drugs in my system for at least 3 months. I feel like the build up has helped me get pregnant so that is why I am nervous about going au' naturale.

I am heading up to northern Virginia today for my SIL's bridal shower. I am looking forward to seeing my in-laws and mom. That's all for now...

2 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

my husband and i did hte same thing with the book!! Good luck to you on the au' natural DIY cycles. I know what breaks are like ... relaxing and taxing ;) Blessings - Farah

RBandRC said...

Good luck on your natural cycles. It is so hard to be a teacher and be going through this because you're surrounded by kids all day long and you're also usually surrounded by the most fertile women on the planet. So annoying--the teachers, not the kids :). Anyway, I wish you luck with your cycles and with starting the new school year!