Okay, here goes... My first attempt at blogging! I have been lurking at IF blogs for a few days now and feel like this could be very therapeutic for me. So...
Before I got married, I was VERY cafeful about using protection. I thought, if I have unprotected sex, I WILL get pregnant. Ha.... if I only knew! FJ and I had decided that we would wait at least a year before having kids. I pushed and pushed for starting earlier than a year to no avail. I remember the first night we had unprotected sex. FJ was nervous as hell that I would get pregnant and our lives would change forever! I watched the calendar that month and when 30 days came and went, I took a pregnancy test. Boy was I surprised when it was negative! I used websites to calculate my "most fertile time" and planned to baby dance like bunnies during those days. At the beginning there were times where I would check the calendar and think, "I missed my window- but there's always next month..." After about 10 months of trying, I finally scheduled an appointment with my obgyn. My cycles were averaging 35 days and we had gotten pretty serious about timing things appropriately. Dr. C said that he would check my progesterone (it was low) and suggested I begin with 50 mg of clomid. He was so promising that I would get pregnant quickly as soon as I could ovulate! I was elated! So...
month #1 with 50 mg clomid... I ovulated! But I didn't get pregnant...
month #2 with 50mg clomid... I ovulated! But I didn't get pregnant...
month #3 with 50 mg clomid... I ovulated! I was pregnant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can remember the day that I got my first bfp (big fat positive for you non-IFers) so clearly. FJ and I had gone to a football game the day before with friends. Since I had taken a test a few days prior and it was bfn (big fat- you guessed it- negative), I figured that I was in the clear to enjoy some beers with my friends. The next day when I took the test I was so surprised- bfp! Oh my gosh!!! I called the dr and the rec. said I needed to wait until at least 8 weeks before he would see me. 8 weeks! That was an eternity! In the meantime I toyed with- what if nothing is in there (I had friends that went for their first ultrasound and the baby had died) and why wouldn't this work out??? So we went to the dr (at 9 weeks)- went into the ultrasound room and nothing. I couldn't believe it. I knew RIGHT AWAY there was something wrong. So I was scheduled for a D and E a few days later and was told we could start trying again after 1 full cycle. So here we go again...
month #4 with 50 mg clomid... I ovulated- not pregnant
month #5 with 50 mg clomid... I ovulated- not pregnant
month #6 with 50 mg clomid... I ovulated- I was prenant again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This time I went into the dr and had a blood test. HCG was only 16 and was told to come back in 5 days to see if levels were increasing. We never made it that far. Exactly one week after my 2nd bfp, I began spotting and later bleeding like a period. Thankfully (ironic to say thankful- isn't it?) this pregnancy was expelled on its own and I didn't need surgery.
So here we go again... This time my ob/gyn STRONGLY suggested I see a Reproductive Endocrinologist (infertility specialist). Now this was a strange appointment because the RE basically said that obviously I didn't have trouble getting pregnant (no trouble??????????) so he wanted to set me on a similar path but throw in a little shot of HCG (pregnancy hormone that triggers ovulation). FJ and I were like, "okay sure".
month #7 with 50 mg clomid... you get the picture now, right?
month #8 with 50 mg clomid (with trigger shot)...
month #9 with 100 mg clomid (with trigger shot)... (had minor- okay major breakdown when AF showed last month and the re changed things a bit)
And that is where we are now. Waiting. Waiting. Waiting. Aunt Flow is due Sunday and if she doesn't show, I will test on Monday. I feel like God won't make me go through much more of this, but I do believe it is all up to Him. My faith has been tested through all of this, but I still believe that intervention is divine. So... since I have no symptoms to speak of- I am sure that we will be talking to the re about some new interventions. My insurance doesn't cover ANYTHING so we will most likely go to IUI next instead of a natural cycle with injectibles. We'll see what he recommends.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I am so sorry for your losses and that you're in the Land of IF. But welcome to the blogosphere. I hope you get good news this week.
I just wanted to say hi, as I've also just started blogging about my struggles with infertility.
I am so sorry to hear about your losses, but hope you get good news this week.
Welcome to the blog world.
Welcome to the blog world. I am so sorry about your losses. But you are right it will happen in God's timing!!
Welcome, Welcome! I am, so sorry you are strugglin with If and NO FREAKIN insurance ..I can relate to that. We are moving to IUI's goodluck to you in the next few days
Post a Comment