Wednesday, September 26, 2007

1 in 6

Do you ever read those pamphlets or posters that say, "One in six couples with suffer from infertility". I hate them. Know why? Because I am that ONE. I look around at friends and colleagues and I want to say- 'No worries friends, I am taking this one for the team. I am that one and you are the other 5 hense why you will have no problems getting preggers." I saw that pamphlet again today and thought- pooh on you 1 in 6 sucks when you are the 1.
Anyway, I went today for the HSG dye test. It wasn't that bad. When Dr. Whitey and the nurse were preparing the catheter and tools I felt like a patient on "Lost" who is laying there watching the dr's but can't move or say anything. I could talk obviously and move but I just felt completely clueless about what I was going to experience. I hated the speculum just like I hate it during a pap. That was the worst part. I didn't even feel the "pinch" Dr. Whitey prepared me for when inserting the catheter. I was very proud of myself for being so brave. The tubes are wide open and ready for business by the way. Hopefully that will help.
I go in 1 week for my ultrasound to check the follies. I am curious to know what I can produce with clomid and follitism. With clomid alone I had 2 eggs last month so we should see more. How many do they look for? For those of you who have done IUI- any advice for this virgin?

5 comments:

RBandRC said...

YAY for clear tubes! My HSG was painful (I didn't take anything before hand either cause I'm an idiot), but I'm glad yours wasn't!

I can't help you with IUI advice, since I'll be seeking some out next cycle, but I so identify with the 1 in 6. I was watching the news yesterday and they brought up the odds of having conjoined twins (1 in 250,000) and I was just like COME ON! It sucks to be the one that gets the crap end of the statistics stick.

Here's hoping we both beat the odds sooner rather than later! :) GL at your scan! I'll keep my fingers crossed for some beautiful follies!

AwkwardMoments said...

I just had my IUI - any follicles over 18mm would be excellent. I am sure if you produced 2 on clomid alone, you will respond great with the combination. email me any questions you think of or any venting you need to do. I'm here for you if ya need me

Polka Dot said...

yay for clear tubes!

IUIs aren't bad at all. If you thought the HSG was a snap, the IUI will be like a day in the park.

Kristen said...

YAY for clear tubes!

I hate those statistics as well. It's like I've won the lottery of suckiness everytime I see them.

Here's to big juicy follies! XOXO

Natalie said...

As R&R said, yay for clear tubes!

Re the IUI, mine have been fairly siimple. The husband goes in for a donation about an hour before me, and then I go in for a pap-like procedure. Two (out of three) were totally easy, no pain, no discomfort, just kinda lightheaded for a couple seconds, then done. The last one she had trouble getting the catheter through the cervix - didn't hurt but didn't feel good either, just uncomfortable. Good luck with it:-)