Tuesday, September 4, 2007

happiness

Well, Day 1 of school down- 180 more to go! It was a good day overall. I have good students (so far) and I revisited the "why I teach" question today. I teach because I love it. I love the students. I love the parents (most). I love my colleagues. I just love it. I am so glad that I have something in my life this positive.

Mel asked us a while back what is our definition of happiness. I would have to say that I finally can answer her question. Teaching is happiness to me. I love it when the kids laugh at my jokes. I love it when they get that 'aha' feeling. I love it, I love it, I love it.

My loving husband F.J. also makes me happy. He is also a teacher (well an administrator but we met when he was a teacher) and we both share a passion for education. Sometimes we get frustrated with ourselves because we come home from school and compare stories for hours. I think that most people come home and talk about their jobs though. Its just that our jobs have so much in common that it gives us even more to talk about.

Another thing that makes me happy is EWCM. Yes, that's right- egg white cervical mucus. I have been reading Taking Charge of your Fertility and it has been wonderful. I only wish I would have read it 2 years ago. It is not that I am learning so many things we haven't tried, its more that it is confirming what I already thought. So back to the ewcm... because of this book, I have been really checking on things. I really have noticed some differences this cycle. Today I actually found ewcm. I feel like a normal girl! Its the little things in life...

FJ still hasn't called for his SA results. He promises he will do that tomorrow. We'll see.

5 comments:

Kristen said...

I'm so glad your first day went well! You seem so passionate about teaching. It really is inspiring to hear you talk about it.

And yes, I agree that EWCM can be a happy moment. I am beginning to wonder where mine is!

I hope the SA results are good - when and if your man calls :)

AwkwardMoments said...

YAH for EWCM and feeling like a normal girl!!

Sunny said...

Yeah to a great first day. Mine was good too. Now today, ummm I started rethinking teaching. LOL

Lori Lavender Luz said...

Another teacher!

Glad your year -- and your EWCM --are off to a good start.

Courtney said...

So happy that things are going well with work and self! I hope it only continues to get better. :)