Thursday, September 6, 2007

FJ's SA results

So FJ finally called the dr yesterday and he didn't call back. After 3 more attempts today to find the results of his semen analysis LAST WEEK, he finlly decided to call my RE (the results were to be faxed to be put in my file there). My RE immediately got on the phone and discussed the results...
Total Count- Excellent
Concentration- Great
Morphology- 1%... obviously low.
Later the urologist finally called and told me (b/c FJ was in class) that his results came back and everything looked great! When I inquired further using what the RE and millions of internet searches taught me, the doc finally admitted their might be a prob with the morphology. WTF! If FJ hadn't called my RE to beg for the results we would have never found out about the morphology problem. Why the doc was trying to keep this from us is beyond me. To put it lightly we are pissed.
We are pissed that we didn't do a semen analysis a year ago.
We are pissed that 3 doctors (2 being specialists mind you) told us NOT to get the SA because we didn't need it. Heck, I'd been pregnant twice so FJ must be fine!
We are pissed that the dr didn't call 8 days ago when the results were in.
We are pissed that the doc didn't call FJ back after 3 messages.
We are pissed that we got contradicting results from 2 separate specialists.
We are pissed that we have had to go through this altogether.

So it looks like we will be in for another consult with my RE- this time to discuss FJ's "issue" and move onto IUI. That will be next month because we are taking this month "off". Hopefully we will be able to get in that soon.

Ughhh... can you tell its been a bad day?

7 comments:

Kristen said...

WTF is right! I can't believe they would leave out such a huge detail. Such incompetence! 1% is definitely low and should be addressed.

I am sorry about the results but I hope it leads you to a solution to get that baby in your arms. Here's to hoping they come up with a good protocol for you after being so dismissive.

Courtney said...

I am pissed with you! That is awful treatment from a medical professional. I'm so sorry that you are being treated with honesty and in a timely manner.

I hope your next appointment allows you all to develop a plan of action with positive results. :)

AwkwardMoments said...

WHAT is wrong with these DOCTORS. This is the second blog today that has me wanting to pistol whip dr's.

dmarie said...

You know, IF is bad enough. It's sad that doctors can make this whole thing so much worse by not paying attention. I'm so sorry.

My dh has 1% morph too. If you have any more questions about it, let me know.

Anonymous said...

Do you know what analysis method they used for the S/A? If this was the first S/A you may want to have another one (for comparison) because the sperm counts can drastically change from week to week. We had two done with two weeks apart and the results were totally different. It is hard to say there is a problem with just one test.

RBandRC said...

I don't understand how they can mess up giving you results like that. I'm completely baffled that some of these REs and their staff have medical degrees. In fact, I'm surprised some of them can walk around and breathe at the same time.

I'm sorry you had to go through that. I hope you're weekend is better! :)
HUGS!

Sunny said...

TOTALLY sucks!