CD 1 is here. Bleechhh. I knew she was coming but it still sucks. Yesterday when I took my temp it was down a few tenths. Then today it was down a few more so I knew she was coming. Last month I was 2 days late and this month 2 days early. What gives? I thought LPs were the normal part of the period. Maybe my temp is screwy and I am really not ovulating cd 20 every month like BBT chart says. It just doesn't make any sense. Don't get me wrong, I'd much MUCH rather be early than late. At least with early I can plan for the future. The whole being late with a BFN in limbo land is much MUCH worse. So here I am. I called to make our 2nd consultation with my RE (the 2nd one because now male factor is the predicament). I have to go back to my primary care physician and get yet another referral so that insurance will cover it. FJ already has a referral but since my RE accepts only female patients, I get to go and pay another copay. Not only that but today FJ received a bill for his Semen Analysis- not a bill exactly but an explanation of benefits saying that it wasn't covered and basically the dr's office will be billing us soon. Boy our insurance really sucks. This weekend we are going to sit down and plan out our future with IF. I am so tired of looking into into the future and seeing nothing. I want to know how many IUI's we are willing to do before IVF before ICSI before adoption. I just need to know. Our consulation is Monday a.m. so hopefully my RE can help us plan ahead too. I have yet to be tested for anything but progesterone levels to see if I am ovulating so he may also recommend more testing for me. All of this will come out of our pocket- lucky us! And then if none of it works we will pay a million more dollars to adopt. Even luckier us.
One of my students asked me today if I had kids. When I said no her peer said, "probably because you don't want them, right?" I ignored the question but he was persistant and repeated the comment 3 times. I finally looked at him and said, "I want kids." and walked away. I swear- the question is everywhere. Life is really REALLY tough.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
Oh, honey I'm sending you lots of hugs. It is SO hard, especially being a teacher. My kids are always asking me about kids and I just have to bite my tongue and smile. I've taken to telling them I'm just not ready. Yes, its a lie, but they don't have to know that.
I'm glad you have your next appt. with your doctor. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that they can get the ball rolling with testing and figure out what is going on. You're in my prayers! :) HUGS.
Good luck Monday. I know all about sucky insurance. We have had to pay for our meds, IUI, S/A and etc. They did pay for my HSG and SSG. I highly reccommend you do those before you have an IUI. Make sure your tubes are all good to do and ute is pretty. That way you are not wasting hard earned money. Good luck to you
I am so sorry that AF just wouldn't stay away. It is great that you have an appointment with your doctor so soon though, because you won't have to wait forever to determine your next plan of action.
I am thinking about you today...
*Oh...and that student??? Is he too old to be spanked??!?
Not being able to see light at the end of the tunnel is difficult. I think sitting down and discussing your options is a sensible thing to do.
I agree with Fertilize Me. You need to have all the tests necessary, checking bloods, tubes are clear, ovulation, before wasting money on IUI's/IVF.
Good Luck.............
you should have told that student "yes, I would like to have kids. I just don't want one like you."
people really do not make this easy for us.
I'm so sorry. I was hoping the cramps were something else.
I agree with a pp - make sure to have an HSG and tube check before moving to iui. You want to make sure everything's clear before getting into more expenses.
With a CD of only 10 days, you may also want to ask your RE about a possible luteal phase defect (LPD). 10dpo is really early for AF and you may need some progesterone help.
We're pretty much full pay ourselves. My RE bills the office visits, labs, and u/s under my PCOS, but the rest is up to us. We use an FSA card that I can get from work. It's still my money coming out of every pay check, but it's good to have access to a lump sum when we need it.
I can't imagine teaching and facing those questions, cuz kids just assume it's normal to have them. Sorry it's CD1 - that blows.
I can't remember if you posted the S/A results, but you should definitely ask the RE how many sperm are needed for an ideal IUI...and I agree with the others, an HSG and or/Sonohysterogram should be done before anything else. Insurance sucks. I hate that some states have mandatory coverage (like Mass.) but others don't.
You may want to try getting the HSG through your regular OB. My insurance paid because they weren't alerted to IF. I also had my sonohysterogram paid for by my insurance b/c the OB said it was diagnostic for bad cramps/heavy periods - nothing to do with IF.
I'm so sorry about CD1 :( I really hate that witch and I wish she'd leave you alone once and for all.
Insurance blows. I can't believe they won't cover diagnostic procedures. Totally ridiculous IMHO.
I hope the consultation goes well Monday. I'll be thinking of you and hoping you can get a protocol together that makes you and DH comfortable. XOXO
I'm with you; having a plan just makes me feel at peace. I always hope the first thing on the list works, but helps knowing what other steps are behind it just in case. Good luck at the RE on Monday.
Good luck on Monday. I'll be thinking of you!
Post a Comment