We have a plan!!! FJ and I spent all morning with my RE. Although RE is a bit strange, we finally got the plan for the next few months. We are going to be dirt poor but I am hopeful that we are doing all we can- finally. Here's what we are doing...
Clomid cd 5-9 (beginning today)
Wednesday- HSG testing
Follitism injections cd 10-13 (FJ is super excited about shooting me up)
Ultrasound to check follies cd 14, possible trigger
Possible IUI cd 15
Possible ultrasound cd 16, possible trigger
We plan on doing this for 2 months.
In January if all else fails we will pay up for 4 rounds IVF shared risk.
Dr. Strango said that if I hadn't been pregnant before then we would probably recommend us going straight to IVF but since I have been, he recommends IUI. This tells me that my chances are very slim with IUI but I am still willing to give it a shot. At the very least it gives us a plan for this month whereas IVF will include 6 weeks or so of meds including birth control (I thought I'd never use that again!) and other stuff to regulate and get my ovaries ready. With IUI I can start this month and its not nearly as expensive.
I had originally taken just the morning off for this a.m.'s appt but when it took longer than expected (he did an ultrasound to see if I had enough follicles for it to be worth it to do injections) I called school and told them that I was taking the rest of the day off. FJ did the same thing and we had a lunch date which was nice. Anyway, all of your well wishes and prayers really came through for us today. We feel 200% better than we did yesterday about where this process is going. I appreciate you all more than you will ever know! Thank you, thank you, thank you for everything.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Yay for a plan!
YAY! Plans are the best just because they make you feel so good! Sounds like we are on similar plans and cycling together again too! We may go for IVF in January if I'm not pregnant before then. I'll be keeping everything crossed for the both of us that this is it! :)
Plans are good. This one sounds great. I've had several friends fall pregnant from IUI's. They do work. It's also a lot quicker, cheaper and less invasive than IVF.
Hope the HSG brings good news on Wed.
Plans are the best. They make you feel proactive. I was going to do a 4 cycle shared risk plan but in the two weeks between when I researched the clinic and actually got there for a consult, they got rid of the shared risk (money back) plan....Poop! So we are just doing the 4 plan package with no money back. I figure if we bring home a baby, a little cash out of pocket will not matter one bit. Good luck with the IUIs, it would be SO MUCH BETTER to have the IUIs work than have to go through with IVF!!!
Plans are good. For me, it helps with my mental aspects of IF ..YAH you
So glad to hear you have a plan! Hope the IUI works and you don't have to go to IVF!
It is great that you both are feeling better about things and that a new plan has been established. And that shared risk thing...I hope you never have to even think about it. :)
Yay for progress:)!!! And along with R&R, I'll be cycling along with you too. I'm starting my Clomid tomorrow. Good luck!!!
Post a Comment