Sunday, September 2, 2007

I wish I was naive

It has been an exhausting week! I have worked 12 or so hour days for 5 days straight and I am still not ready for school to begin Tuesday. I have been thinking that had I been pregnant and in my first trimester this week I probably would've collapsed! I can't imagine how prego people get back into the swing after 3 relaxing months off. Anyhow I would've loved to have been that exhausted due to being pregnant...

My friend A who is one of the pregnant women at school is only 10 weeks pregnant. I knew her due date and thought she was early on to tell people but I hadn't done the calculation. She began telling people the day she took the test and now she is only 10 weeks. I don't fault her for telling everyone. I just think it is amazing how some people are so rightly confident in their fertility and pregnancies that they know nothing will go wrong. I was 9 and a half weeks when I miscarried my first pregnancy. No symptoms- just an ultrasound that showed nothing. I just wish I could go back before that and be as 'naive' (poor choice of words) as A. To go back to when I thought/ knew I would have sex, get pregnant, and 9 months later have a baby. FJ and I were talking about this yesterday and agreed that it is going to be very difficulty to ever enjoy a pregnancy knowing that something can go terribly wrong at any time. We agreed that once it happens, we will try to enjoy every moment cautiously instead of living in fear. Even if something goes wrong, we want to enjoy the moments we have as a pregnant couple.

I have been reading a lot about tilted utes lately. My OB told me about 2 years ago that mine was tilted and it is something like being left handed- perfectly normal- just not the norm. Some things that I have read say that woman on top or side entry might be better for conception and also laying on tummy for 20 minutes following instead of hips propped up with legs in the air afterwards. I'm going to try it this month. Can't hurt...

I have my annual OB appointment on Wed. of next week. I am pretty sure I will have gained 5-10 pounds from last year and I had gained 5-10 pounds from the year before. I really want to get back on track with eating right but it is hard! The afternoons are killer! I will start going back to the gym this week and eating better. One day at a time...

4 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

I want to be able to erase the thought that baby=lots of dr's, needles, meds and replace that with baby = plain ole regular sex

Courtney said...

In the world of fertility, naivete represents innocence, and who doesn't want that? Being infertile makes us somewhat jaded and cynical.

My consolation to the situation is that I know how much information I have gained in this process, and knowledge is powerful.

Sunny said...

I am not ready for school either. I have been so tired from the prep. I also have though about my friend who is pregnant and how tired she must be.

Good luck tomorrow! I hope you get a wonderful nights sleep!

RBandRC said...

I agree, I would like to have that naivety again. I am consistently amazed at how many women I know get pregnant, tell people as soon as they POAS, and have a completely normal and healthy pregnancy. And yet, there are so many women I talk to in the blogsphere who are so cautious about everything and still they miscarry. It is so amazingly unfair.

I hope your first week back goes well. :)