Friday, September 28, 2007
smoking
Clomid- 100 mg cd 9= the injections begin tomorrow. Ughhh. FJ went to another dagon baseball game this weekend. So much for saving up for the massive debt we are accruing. This game was paid for before we heard about his SA. Things have changed drastically in the last few weeks. I always felt proud of how infertility hasn't come between FJ and I. If anything I have always taken pride in how it has made us stronger. Until now. I am scared to death of this funk that we are both in. I don't know if its the SA results and FJ's pride is shamed (1% of anything will do that to you) or if its the reality that we have taken the step to move on to babymaking- minus the babydance... To be honest I think it is more of a combination plus the fact that I am adament about FJ quitting smoking. I know, I know you can't believe that an IF'er would have a husband that she would put up with who smokes! Knowing how much it affects things- I should have been more convincing about his need to quit 2 years ago- but he only smokes about 5-8 cigarrettes a day and I knew he'd quit eventually. Well now that he is a part of the IF equation (and not on the positive) I want him to quit. I don't want to put my dr. through pills, injections, ultrasounds, etc etc etc if he is not doing everything he can to improve our chances. Monday night I went off on him. I told him that I would refuse to go next week if he smoked another cigarette. He agreed and truly for the first time realized how serious I was about this. The truth is, he wants to quit. He has for years. He just wants it to be easy and no matter what prescription he gets, he can't break the habit. So now he is grumpy. He hasn't had a cigarrette since Tuesday night and it sucks. Not to mention he is going to the game this weekend and staying with some of his college buddies. Luckily the one who he is staying with doesn't smoke and his other friend is trying to quit too for medical reasons of his own. The person I am worried about most is his dad. Everytime FJ gets together with his dad, they smoke cigars. FJ says that his dad won't offer because of Bryan's medical reasons but I am not sure. I am also not sure FJ will tell his dad, "no". So hopefully we can get out of this funk soon. I am not worried about our marriage per say- just our relationship. That sounds strange I know. But anyway, I am looking forward to a weekend with the dogs- relaxing on the couch watching chick flicks. Hopefully I can stand to give myself an injection tomorrow. But I am more worried about FJ. That's all for now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Excellent news on the smoking for FJ!! sounds like you guys are a team
I'm glad that he's willing to quit, sorry that it had to come to this for it to happen, though.
I completely understand the relationship vs marriage concern. I am sure that in time things will get back to normal. You guys are taking a big step, and that has to be hard.
Good luck!
G and I have had the same argument except for him it's drinking. Now, I like to drink a few times a week in moderation, but he really likes to drink. In a leisurely, one-bottle-of-wine per weekend night kind of way. I fought the battle to make him stop and the best agreement I could come up with was for him to cut back. It's hard. Things will get better, I promise. I think we all experience these IF related rough patches. And since men and women don't communicate their emotions in the same way that can make it all the more difficult.
I hope you enjoy your weekend! And good luck with your injection. I'm due for one myself sometime next week and I am not looking forward to it! :)
Know what you mean about IF taking it's toll on a relationship. It's really hard sometimes.
It's good FJ is serious about giving up on the smoking front. Hope he sticks with it.
It sounds like you are making some progress! Good luck with the injection!!!
Good for FJ! I know it wont be easy-but I wish you all, as a team, the best!
Hope you had a good weekend!
I am glad FJ is willing to quit smoking - you were right on the money when you said you didn't want to go through all the crap if he isn't doing everything he can to improve your chances. My husband's vice is riding his bike...we had similar arguments about whether he was really on board to have a baby if he wouldn't quit riding his bike so much. (His sperm counts are horrible)...
I was worried for a while that my husband and I wouldn't make it through the TTC nightmare in one piece. I ended up taking it down a notch....and things have smoothed out considerably. I couldn't keep up the pace anyway.
I hope things smooth things out for you as well. You may need extra patience when FJ quits smoking, I hear it is really hard!!
Wow, I've had that conversation with my hubby over and over. He chews which didn't really bother me until we started dealing w/ the IF issues. He has quit several times. He gets grumpy and I usually am hormonal at this time so it's always a fun time!
I do wish him luck (and you, too).
Post a Comment