Thank you for all of your comments. It feels good that I am not imagining how shitty this situation really is. An IF friend of mine told me that her husband went to the same dr that FJ did and that he NEVER called them- they got their results from her RE. Maybe that's the way this uroligist works??? FJ said he specifically remembers that the urologist said he would call to discuss results. Regardless, why on earth didn't the doc reveal the 1% morphology until I specifically asked about it? I agree that we should do another analysis. FJ is so angry however with the situation that he doesn't want to go back. Unfortunately VA IVF is the only lab in the area. Maybe that's why they can treat you like crap- they know if you want more answers, you will be back.
That's all for now...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Yeah, my husbands urologist never calls either. I have to call & email and harass his office to fax me the results each and every time. He should definitely have another SA b/c the results can vary. Good luck :)
There is a lot that I am mourning right now, but one thing we have going for us is that my husband's endocrinologist is AWESOME. We hated our urologist too - maybe you can try a different approach (endocrinology)? He/She will ask for blood tests to look at hormonal causes of the morphology problem. Also he/she can request an S/A and you won't have to deal with the urologist anymore. That way you don't have to change clinics. Many times, especially with past pregnancies, doctors don't worry about anything unless the total sperm count and concentration is low. I have heard this countless times. I have a friend who is pregnant now, who's husband had plenty of sperm, but their RE told them that he had ZERO% morphology. And this was tested twice with the same result. She got pregnant, so obviously it isn't an exact science! Sorry for the long post.
being the only in the area is NO REASON to treat people like crap - i am very sorry for that
Our urologist was awful too! What is it about them?! I hope you get better treatment and I think you're onto something with this whole "they're the only game in town" thing. The monopolist always has you backed into a corner.
Post a Comment