He did it! He quit smoking. It's been a week now and absolutely positively no nicotine! I hope this helps his count. He was a grumpy jerk last week while trying to quit and I think I was grumpy too. I honestly didn't think FJ would make it the weekend without breaking down. He called me both nights though and exclaimed how proud he was of himself and wanted me to be proud too (I am!). He is in a really good mood about it now and I can't really figure out why. He is more talkative and silly than ever and I just love it. He did say last night that he wishes he could be a "social smoker". I was like- let's give the quit thing some time and see how you feel later (of course hoping that he decides he likes the quit thing!).
While FJ was home, he talked with his parents about our IF situation. His parents are very close-lipped and hardly ever talk about personal things. FJ's mom- Rose- told him that she was against IVF for religious reasons (she's catholic). I know this made FJ feel bad, but he stuck up for us and told them they didn't have to make this decision when starting their family. They got pregnant easily 4 times and had 4 kids- we have no other option. Good for you FJ! You tell them! FJ said that he hopes we don't get to that point. I don't either but I am not holding out hope. A less than 5% chance really sucks but it is reality. At least we both know we are doing all we can to improve our chances.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I've had similar experiences with family members. According to my MIL, they didn't do that sort of thing in her day........
As a couple, it's your life and you have to do what you feel you have to do.
Good news on the smoking front.
I know exactly how you feel. My MIL is against IVF because she is a devout Catholic (and by that i mean, goes to Latin mass every Sunday and does not recognize the church unless they hold Latin mass). We talked about it at length because she also struggled with IF and we talked about what was acceptable and not acceptable to her. I think her concern with IVF is not fresh transfers but frozen transfers. She doesn't like the idea of taking more than you're putting back in. I guess I can understand that. Maybe they have the same objections? Might be worth a check to see.
YAY for quitting smoking! It is SO hard to do, but I know you must be proud of him and his effort! :)
YAH FOR FJ!! you need to treat him with a really Nice present when you get to see him. AS for the inlaws and religius beliefs WOohoo 2 points for FJ!! My MIL is very catholic and I thought for sure she would shit a brick - but she is all for our IUI's /IVF's and whatever it takes for us. She lights candles and says prayers and buried saints and whatnot (i am not catholic - so i do not understand it all) My MIL hates that I am not catholic and i thought she would throw this back in my face (myhubster is 1 or 9) but on this aspect my MIL ROCKS my world. *don't worry this is the ONLY aspect that she rocks my world
Congratulations to you both on such a significant achievement!!!
Congrats on him quitting - put up with the grumpiness, it'll be worth it in the end.
As for the parents, yea, well, until you've been here you can be against all you want. People just don't get it.
Post a Comment